+ Reply to Thread
Page 386 of 496 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 4957

Thread: Anyone keen on watches?

I'm Jim.

I've liked the look of them for quite a while and sort of half hankered after one for a while. A little while ago I went to see him for the evening and noticed a MeisterSinger box on the side so mentioned it to him, it turns out he recently bought it but wasn't going to keep it, it was a bit too small for him (he's a big strong bloke) but it fitted much better on my skinny wrist, so it changed hands.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Very elegant looking watches: the great majority of which use a leather sprap. No chunky tachymetre controls or excessively thick and heavy diving watches. Like the use of a single hand - I've not seen that before.

https://www.iguanasell.co.uk/collect...SAAEgJxJfD_BwE
    Expensive novelty watches, style over substance, ok if you only need a rough idea of what the time is.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Well, I agree you would need to read the watch more carefully and yet would only have a idea of the time to within 5 - 7 minutes. But for some people (my partner for example) that is quite sufficient. I should have said I'm intrigued by the use of a single hand.

Still elegant looking.

Are they the only watch manufacturer to use a such?
    Barry

I'm sorted.

Well, I agree you would need to read the watch more carefully and yet would only have a idea of the time to within 5 - 7 minutes. But for some people (my partner for example) that is quite sufficient. I should have said I'm intrigued by the use of a single hand.

Still elegant looking.

Are they the only watch manufacturer to use a such?
    Kind of defeats the object of having an analogue watch if you have to make that much allowance for it's 'shortcomings' but I agree they're quite elegant looking (mind you the one pictured would look better on a matching black strap without any contrasting stitching). And no clearer than this Timex though

Thinking about it it's like having just a gmt function (4th hand on this Explorer 2 with time indicated on the fixed bezel)

A quick google reveals there are other single handed watches available, might add one to the collection.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Kind of defeats the object of having an analogue watch if you have to make that much allowance for it's 'shortcomings' but I agree they're quite elegant looking (mind you the one pictured would look better on a matching black strap without any contrasting stitching). And no clearer than this Timex though

Thinking about it it's like having just a gmt function (4th hand on this Explorer 2 with time indicated on the fixed bezel)

A quick google reveals there are other single handed watches available, might add one to the collection.
    Technically not as hard to read as just a GMT as that has to fit 24h within a single sweep but a good analogy.

I'm martin.

The minute hand shows the correct time for both hour hands on a gmt so it’s just a case of picking the right hour hand to pair with it.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post

That Timex look nice, but I find your Rolex confusing. The white hands indicate the time is 1:23, yet the orange hand is pointing to 18:20. If it's GMT, it should read 13:20.
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

That Timex look nice, but I find your Rolex confusing. The white hands indicate the time is 1:23, yet the orange hand is pointing to 18:20. If it's GMT, it should read 13:20.
    I think the GMT allows you to have 2 time zones when travelling, by setting the GMT hour different to the hour hand (but with the minutes being the same).

I'm sorted.

https://www.everestbands.com/blogs/b...w-to-use-a-gmt

I've never used this facility, I just reset my watch to local time on the plane.

Had this lump on today

I'm sorted.

Willard homage on a nato

+ Reply to Thread