Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyer / Seller protection on Art of Sound.

I'm Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Natara View Post
    There was really no need for any of this all the seller had to do was offer to have the faulty psu part of the deck shipped back to the dealer he bought it from under warranty I would have parcelled it up and sent it for him all he had to do was handle communications. Instead his attitude was and is it's now not his problem end of.
    Which manufacturer is it?

I'm Martin.

There was really no need for any of this all the seller had to do was offer to have the faulty psu part of the deck shipped back to the dealer he bought it from under warranty I would have parcelled it up and sent it for him all he had to do was handle communications. Instead his attitude was and is it's now not his problem end of.
    Strictly speaking he's right, it was working when you received it, fault later is your problem not his. On the flip side if it isn't going to cost him anything but a little time and effort you'd think he'd enter into the spirit of things and help out. But it's not for us to make other people's moral decisions for them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Nat.

Yes but the thing is I wouldn’t do that if someone gave me close to £700 for something that stopped functioning properly after just 10 days stopped working then all good conscience I couldn’t just say tuff luck I’m keeping your money and I can tell you this for sure a if you Publicly agreeing that it’s ok to do that may well struggle to sell anything on these forums I for one wouldn’t buy a £5 cable from you.

I'm Martin.

Yes but the thing is I wouldn’t do that if someone gave me close to £700 for something that stopped functioning properly after just 10 days stopped working then all good conscience I couldn’t just say tuff luck I’m keeping your money and I can tell you this for sure a if you Publicly agreeing that it’s ok to do that may well struggle to sell anything on these forums I for one wouldn’t buy a £5 cable from you.
    Whether it is okay to do that or not is up to the individual. They're certainly not obliged to do anything and that is the point I was making.

What I would do is irrelevant but if you must know then I would've either have helped out with the warranty return or just refunded you.

You buy second hand you take a chance in exchange for saving 50% or more on the new price. You don't want to take a chance, pay the price for a new one.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Ray.

Well if seller won’t play ball then you could see if the manufacturer will fix it under warranty or do it yourself.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
    Well if seller won’t play ball then you could see if the manufacturer will fix it under warranty or do it yourself.
    That sounds like a plan - contact the manufacturer. You could very likely find that they have a better moral compass than the turd you bought it off.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Tony.

Obviously we don't know the whole story and there is always two sides to these things but on the face of it that really is poor form mate.

I bought a tuner from a guy on here a few years ago, think it was a tuner, anyway it turned out to faulty and the guy took it back and refunded me in full and I would do exactly the same if I sell stuff that ends up faulty, I couldn't keep £700 of someone's money if something I sold turned out the be faulty after ten days, at the end of the day you take the thing back and get it repaired then resell it.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Whether it is okay to do that or not is up to the individual. They're certainly not obliged to do anything and that is the point I was making.

What I would do is irrelevant but if you must know then I would've either have helped out with the warranty return or just refunded you.

You buy second hand you take a chance in exchange for saving 50% or more on the new price. You don't want to take a chance, pay the price for a new one.
    I'd be at the guy's door demanding my money back no way would I take a £700 hit on anything for anyone.

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    I'd be at the guy's door demanding my money back no way would I take a £700 hit on anything for anyone.
    Covid restriction applying of course
    Cheers Lee

I'm Nat.

Well the faulty unit was a Rega Neo and I've spoken to Paul Darwin of Rega over on pfm and he has given me a fix to try and told me to keep him updated so that at least looks promising.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast