+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt The Funk Firm and Houdini the latest offering from Funk.

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    It was a joke on Kevin’s post previous to mine...
    Sorry I missed that. Been a long day...

I'm David.

The Houdini is a rather special item sadly Arthur made me send mine back after listening as he had a reviewer who wanted it.

I used it with a £3,000 cartridge and wasn't expecting great results being honest, I was wrong!

I need it back Arthur NOW MAN

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vinyl Adventure View Post
    The Houdini is a rather special item sadly Arthur made me send mine back after listening as he had a reviewer who wanted it.

I used it with a £3,000 cartridge and wasn't expecting great results being honest, I was wrong!

I need it back Arthur NOW MAN
    Hi David,

He knows! He knows! It was my bad for falling behind with the orders. The production process has been very very difficult to perfect in order to assure perfectly level Houdini's with acceptable VTA and perfect azimuth.
    We have that nailed now so full speed ahead. So I will be building up stock ready for the few remaining items we are waiting on to be ready to ship.

Not too long now.

Matt.

I'm Matt.

Hello guys so as I have previously mentioned here is a post which guides you as to which Houdini to choose.

I'm Kevin.

IIRC, If you have both types of cartridge, it is the “screw to” that is the one you recommend.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    IIRC, If you have both types of cartridge, it is the “screw to” that is the one you recommend.
    We are not recommending that you use the "Screw to" for both types because with certain types of cartridge the cleat will flex slightly. However we do realise that in certain cases there will be a need to accomodate both.
    I will release a tutorial showing you how to fit both types to the "screw to" but according to your own judgement and at your own risk as it is not strictly within the intended design.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by matodono1 View Post
    We are not recommending that you use the "Screw to" for both types because with certain types of cartridge the cleat will flex slightly. However we do realise that in certain cases there will be a need to accomodate both.
    I will release a tutorial showing you how to fit both types to the "screw to" but according to your own judgement and at your own risk as it is not strictly within the intended design.
    Is there a risk of damage Matt? Or is it more a case that you may not benefit from the full Houdini effect?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Is there a risk of damage Matt? Or is it more a case that you may not benefit from the full Houdini effect?
    A couple of things. You end up having to hold two bolts in place on the cart and in place in the cleat of the Houdini, all while trying not to knock the tip off your stylus (some aren't covered or removeable).
    At the same time trying to tighten it and some carts don't support the cleat wheras with an ortofon 2m you are leasurely clamping down to a flat surface. So it just isn't the same experience as using the intended other Houdini.

Now you don't have to clamp down hard so damage is unlikely but it sure is a faff. And not the ease of install we want for you guys.

But having said that some of you will be determined so we will do our best for you with disclaimers of course.

In every case as long as the suspension is not fouled and alignment, VTA and tracking force is correctly set you will always get the full benefit of Houdini.

Hope this clarifies for now. I am working on the fitting videos next.

Regards, Matt.

I'm Matt.

And meanwhile in a parallel universe...

Last edited by matodono1; 14-09-2020 at 15:19.

I'm Knut.

I try to post a picture again with a hoster
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Knut.

Acoustic Signature Thunder & Final Tool, Technics SP15, Ampearl RE1030 Valve Phono, Ampearl Valve phono LCR RE2030, Ampearl RE1031, Tribute SUT, Aidas MC, Linn Akiva, DS Audio E1, Nagra VPS
    Legat Audio SETA E130L SE, Legat KT88 SE , K&T Donar, JE Labs Open baffle with Philips 12202, BK elec SUBs P12 & XXls400

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast