+ Reply to Thread
Page 234 of 991 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334734 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 9908

Thread: Johns Hopkins Medical Centre - World Coronavirus infection Map by Country.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol, yes but what's new with you two!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

interesting that the govt as of mid march felt Covid wasnt an High consequence infectious disease...

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-con...-diseases-hcid
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    interesting that the govt as of mid march felt Covid wasnt an High consequence infectious disease...

You'd need to ask the families of the 38k+ dead for an opinion on that.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

By the Government no longer classing Covid-19 as an HCID does not mean it isn’t dangerous or serious – it’s just that it no longer meets the closely-defined criteria for an HCID.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.
    The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID.

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

only disease that shut down the world due to it being so contafgious and dangerous
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

You can't make this up.

Son in Law is plod. 5 days ago he has to attend a woman who has died of a suspected heart attack whilst sat on the crapper. ( A sympton of an impending heart attack is indeed to have a dump)

As a first responder he is obliged to attempt mouth to mouth resus etc. etc.

He is then told that he cant have a covid test but must wait for a test result on the dead woman. He is then told that he cant have her result because as she has no next of kin to give permission the health authority can't give it.

5 days after this episode his superior manages to get a std covid test for him by really rattling the the walls of those that say yes. we are now waiting to get the result ( and we are expecting it to be negative to be fair)

Is he allowed to go into isolation that'll be no.... (surprise surprise) and he was forced to be back on shift the next day. you really can't make this up.. oh and no antibody test as routine either.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    You can't make this up.

Son in Law is plod. 5 days ago he has to attend a woman who has died of a suspected heart attack whilst sat on the crapper. ( A sympton of an impending heart attack is indeed to have a dump)

As a first responder he is obliged to attempt mouth to mouth resus etc. etc.

He is then told that he cant have a covid test but must wait for a test result on the dead woman. He is then told that he cant have her result because as she has no next of kin to give permission the health authority can't give it.

5 days after this episode his superior manages to get a std covid test for him by really rattling the the walls of those that say yes. we are now waiting to get the result ( and we are expecting it to be negative to be fair)

Is he allowed to go into isolation that'll be no.... (surprise surprise) and he was forced to be back on shift the next day. you really can't make this up.. oh and no antibody test as routine either.
    yes its a disgrace, and no, it doesnt surprise me. the guff they come away with at their co vid time talk is just sound bites... most of it is pie in sky; they are loosening the lockdown and have no real track n trace available
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I think that this is a fairly balanced overall view of proceedings, and how we can effectively get through this pandemic: https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2020/06/0.../?ncid=webmail

As long as the number of cases and deaths from COVID-19 continue to fall, and there isn't a *genuine* second wave (backed up by real-life evidence, not government propaganda), I vote for a combination of 'suppression and containment', in the short to medium term, and eventually (as determined by nature), the virus largely being defeated by herd immunity, or it simply naturally 'petering out'.

In that scenario, for me there would be no morally (or otherwise) justified requirement for any vaccine, rushed through the system for dubious reasons, and which in my view would be unsafe and not properly tested. If a *truly* safe and effective one materialises in due course, which ticks ALL the RIGHT boxes, however, then great, but otherwise no - and certainly not one that's been 'blessed by Bill Gates'!

So let's see how things pan out in the coming weeks...

If the cases/admissions to hospital, and crucially deaths from Coronavirus, continue to fall, it'll be interesting to see whether the main focus of the government remains on continuing to restart the economy/easing lockdown and getting life (and business) back to as normal as possible, whilst maintaining sensible precautions containing and stopping the spread of the virus [the RIGHT thing to happen], or suddenly becomes fixated on a mass vaccination of the population, by any which means necessary, in order to end the lockdown [the WRONG thing to happen], should such a vaccine 'miraculously' emerge in the coming weeks, and be ready for rolling out in the required doses...

For me, that would ably reveal whether the establishment agenda/goal, I forecasted earlier, has any real substance or not....!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

I'm sure I read today that North Wales is now a "hot spot" spike. Wales in a % per 100, 000 is second in the entire UK for infections I don't give one for conspiracy theories, I'll just hold my arm out and say Spike me Bro... Spike me..
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm joe.

That does indeed seem a sensible, balanced summary. It's clear that there's no real consensus about the risk of a second wave, but 'safety first' would seem the best way to proceed. As far as a vaccine is concerned, even the most optimistic scenario suggests that testing would not be completed until late September, after which it would take several months to ramp up production. The jabs would be given firstly to those most at risk (healthcare workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions). Mass vaccination may never be needed if it emerges that the vast majority of young, healthy people suffer only minor symptoms or are asymptomatic. For them, herd immunity might be appropriate.

There's a danger that the virus will mutate into an even more deadly strain that has serious effects even for younger healthy people, so the more testing and tracing the better.

This link (shamelessly lifted from pfm) shows how an individual's risk from COVID increases according to such factors as age, ethnicity, BMI and underlying medical conditions:

https://alama.org.uk/covid-19-medical-risk-assessment/

+ Reply to Thread