+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello From London

I'm Jay.

Default Hello From London

Hi all, bit of a techno head here (Hardwax variety), but have a broad pallette from baroque to pop.

I've a Sugden Bijou Headmaster (Pre-Amp / Headphone Amplifier) and Sugden Transimpedance Power Amplifier running a pair of Sonus Faber Grand Piano's. I'm an audiophile novice (after inheriting my brother's old setup) and joined this forum to get an idea of what i might replace my Sonus Faber's with since my new appartment is too small for them, a couple of bookshelf speakers are what im after..and also what the value of my well used Piano's migh fetch.

guess ill be chatting with you all soon

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Rob.

Hi Jay, welcome along. Is it that the Grand Piano's are physically too large for the room, or that you feel that because they are floorstanders that they do not work in the room. I went from bookshelf speakers (on stands) with a sub years ago to some large speakers of various types in what would be classed as a fairly small room. I could not go back to small ones and you may find they do not do it for you, especially being a Techno Head.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Hi Jay, welcome along. Is it that the Grand Piano's are physically too large for the room, or that you feel that because they are floorstanders that they do not work in the room. I went from bookshelf speakers (on stands) with a sub years ago to some large speakers of various types in what would be classed as a fairly small room. I could not go back to small ones and you may find they do not do it for you, especially being a Techno Head.
    Hey man,
    Yeah, the Piano's physically take up too much space. There's only one corner free, which could just about accommodate one of the speakers with about a foot's distance from the wall. There wouldn't be any space for the other one. They previously lived in a proper living room of a 3 floor house which made complete sense, but im in a 1 bedroom flat (in London..so it's small) with my partner. Am thinking bookshelf speakers and a woofer is the best solution, but the resale value for these just seems so low compared to what my brother paid for them, plus there's a bit of wear on them.

I'm Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    =D

Thanks!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Jay.

I'm not that familiar with speakers that are currently available, but I'm sure other Members will be able to suggest some smaller models that might suit you new listening space. Some idea of the dimensions of the room would be helpful.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Welcome to AoS Jay.

I'm not that familiar with speakers that are currently available, but I'm sure other Members will be able to suggest some smaller models that might suit you new listening space. Some idea of the dimensions of the room would be helpful.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Hi Barry,

The room's 4.5m x 3m (it's the main living space, so dining table, work space and couch all crammed in there).

Also, just so i don't post in the wrong section, ive got some photos of the Sonus Faber's (detailed shots) that was hoping people could advise me on a price i should put them up for (i have an idea of how much they're worth, but i may be off with it)..where should I make a post about this? I was thinking Blank Canvas, but then read that sales posts shouldnt be there - though mine isn't strictly a sales post, it's related..

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

As they are not actually for sale - simply a request for an idea of their price, I would post in Blank Canvas.

When you do come to sell and have decided on a price, then post in Private Exhibitions.
    Barry

I'm Jay.

Great, thanks for your help.

I'm Pete.

Hiya Jay
    Welcome to AOS

+ Reply to Thread