+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi all!

I'm COLIN.

Default Hi all!

Hi everyone,
    I’ve enjoyed reading AOS threads for a fair amount of time and thought it was about time I signed up. I’ve been fairly obsessed with music and sound quality for quite a long time but have always worked with a fairly limited budget. I started tinkering with my guitar amplifiers about 15 years ago and then progressed into re building a few old valve amplifiers. I’ve owned a few setups but I suspect a lot less than most people on here; The main items that come to mind were an LP12 which I no longer have which i used with an entry level Naim amp and Naim Credo speakers. I then owned a couple of unison research hybrids and an audio note OTO SE which I never really had the right speakers for. I also played around with a couple of AVI speakers which I tweaked a bit. I currently have some very nice Audionote UK AN-E kit built speakers,Audio note DAC 1.1 mk 2 (which I’ve modified a fair bit) and a rebuilt/ redesigned HG88 mk2 which I’ve given an audio note line driver stage and the mk 3 circuit. I also have a sansui au alpha 607mrx amplifier which I’ve re capped. And an old micro mega stage 3 CD player. I’m keeping an eye out for a good deal on an audio note amplifier (kind of wished I never sold the oto but didn’t know I’d acquire the AN-Es back then.)
    Music wise, I really listen to a very wide range of stuff. I don’t listen to too much classical although I might on occasion. I also don’t like garage or current urban stuff but pretty much will listen to most other things.

I hope that’s not too much of a rambling introduction. Any heads up on entry level audio note amplification appreciated.

Thanks,

Lewisc

I'm Pete.

Welcome to AOS mate
    hope you enjoy
    Pete

I'm Geoff.

Hello Colin. Welcome to AOS.

Join in the fun and get chatting with the members, they're a friendly bunch.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm COLIN.

Thanks gents,

Appreciate the warm welcome.

I will have a look through the threads and see what stirs my interest. There’s so much there that I think I’ll need to spend a little time learning to navigate the site.

Colin.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Colin.

Nice introduction - enjoy the Forum.

Barry
    Barry

I'm COLIN.

Thanks Barry.

+ Reply to Thread