+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 156

Thread: Super Tweeters - Fact or Flights of Fancy?

  1. #91
    Join Date: Sep 2009

    Location: France

    Posts: 3,209
    I'm notAlone.

    Default

    Steve, this is a very nice new avatar !!!

    (sorry for the OT, guys)
    Dimitri.

    In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

  2. #92
    Join Date: Mar 2008

    Location: Galashiels

    Posts: 14,034
    I'm inthescottishmafia.

    Default

    So have you got better bass and mid now?

  3. #93
    Join Date: Dec 2008

    Location: Yorks

    Posts: 16,643
    I'm Nobody.

    Default


  4. #94
    Join Date: Mar 2009

    Location: Hemel Hempstead

    Posts: 1,074
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    Steve, this is a very nice new avatar !!!

    (sorry for the OT, guys)
    Why thank you!!!!

    Spotted it the other day on a bog and it made me chuckle and I though it quite appropriate.
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  5. #95
    Join Date: May 2008

    Location: Lancaster(-ish), UK

    Posts: 16,936
    I'm ChrisB.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twelvebears View Post
    Why thank you!!!!

    Spotted it the other day on a bog and it made me chuckle and I though it quite appropriate.
    Wow!
    There are some really artistic cottagers in your neck of the woods! That's nothing like the sort of art I see on bogs round these parts!

  6. #96
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,850
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Indeed - we get things like: 'Elaine C is a total shag', 'I had a w*nk here 14/2/10', etc, etc, and very occasionally something midly witty such as: 'If you're reading what I've put, you may be pissing on your foot'...

    <Snigger>

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

  7. #97
    Join Date: Feb 2010

    Location: Plymouth, UK

    Posts: 458
    I'm invisible.

    Default

    My favourite is 'Beware Limbo Dancers'...
    If only it was that simple

    Main System :
    Quad II/40 amps, Music First passive pre, Tannoy Stirling SE speakers, Technics 1200 + RB301, V-LPS, digital streaming from Mac mini via Lifatec Toslink to Moon 300D. Meier Corda Arietta headphone amp, Sennheiser HD650 Phones. Mark Grant i/c cables. Speaker cables, Audioquest Rocket 44 BiWire.


    Ray.

  8. #98
    Join Date: May 2008

    Location: Lancaster(-ish), UK

    Posts: 16,936
    I'm ChrisB.

    Default

    I always used to like 'Don't put cigarette butts in the urinal unless you want the cleaner to piss in your ashtray'

  9. #99
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,850
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Haha, yes I remember that one! Sometimes we get budding poets leaving little ditties on walls, such as:

    'There was an old whore from Berlin, who had an erormous great quim. It wasn't the size that attracted the flies, but the jelly that hung round the rim'...

    Or:

    There was an old hillbilly called Hank who went off to the woods for a wank. He came to a bear, who whipped off his pair - now Hank's got no reason to wank'...

    Arf! Doncha just lurve quality thread drift

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

  10. #100
    Join Date: Jun 2009

    Location: Hove Actually

    Posts: 3,947
    I'm Imjustsurviving.

    Default

    There once was a woman from eeling who had a perculier feeling, she laid on her back and opened her crack and pissed all over the ceiling.
    i have many more to share
    Jon


    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.




    Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •