+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: This guide is to help you build the DOUK KSL-M77 Preamp clone kit.

I'm Geoff.

Guess you could always opt for one of the MBL or Krell marked cases from China.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Touchy. Did a Mr Kondo steal your girlfriend once?

And also utter bollocks.
    Tom

Utter Bollocks eh? I suspect more pretentiousness from yourself

No Kondo-san had no interest in my love life thank you

Touchy moi? I suggest you being overly touchy about this matter, Kondo was designed for the more wealthier hifi buffs over 55 who life revolves around low-brow classical, chamber music, female vocals, Sunday afternoon folk music. These listeners who wish to have a grain free wide open window polished to sheen to the listeners truly believe it is one of the pinnacles of sonic reproduction available. Humm pretentious factor 10 Captain.

On this occasion Tom you have managed to exceed your own standards of self-preoccupation no mean feat!

No danger of of fatigue listen to Kondo at all, just shy of directly injecting Mogadon into your eyeballs, only Meridian can be awarded that title.

I suspect your are ruffled by the fact someone would 'dare' copy your pedestal ideology of Kondo, we are not worthy audio, humm get used to it, the Chinese will be gunning for all high end manufacturers very shortly. I would have thought that being able to obtain one of your most desirable audio items for less than 1/25th the price would have been appealing even to a man of your stature in the world audio community

Have you lived with one in your system for any length of time to pass your thoughts? Kondo does one thing better than just about any other piece of audio equipment it removes the music and replaces it with a sublime sweetness that washes and brushes up the sound to a superb level without question, Deliver real musical insight I'm afraid not old boy, one must accept the fact that is Kondo's biggest draw back!

Also I would further suggest to fully appreciate Kondo's special sound a full Kondo system would be needed with complimenting speakers.

Audio UK for me if I had to resort to valves would be my weapon of choice, I would be fully satisfied that whenever I listened to my system I could be safe in the knowledge that it would entertain me with music insight for many hours BOREDOM free. The cost is similar but the results are very different.

I have many Japanese friends who's system would cost at least a decent house in middle England, yet their apartments are smaller that my workshop, they also have uber horns and wonderfully build exquisite equipment. yet they listen to Chopin etc at half past whisper O'clock for fear of upsetting the neighbors! for them obtaining the equipment and setting up the system gives them more pleasure than listening to it imho.

Back to the OP, keep up the good work, I will also offer any services free to improve your creation as a gesture of thanks for bringing this to the attention of the forum.
    Last edited by Mr. C; 20-04-2019 at 16:50.
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Tom

Utter Bollocks eh? I suspect more pretentiousness from yourself

No Kondo-san had no interest in my love life thank you

Touchy moi? I suggest you being overly touchy about this matter, Kondo was designed for the more wealthier hifi buffs over 55 who life revolves around low-brow classical, chamber music, female vocals, Sunday afternoon folk music. These listeners who wish to have a grain free wide open window polished to sheen to the listeners truly believe it is one of the pinnacles of sonic reproduction available. Humm pretentious factor 10 Captain.

On this occasion Tom you have managed to exceed your own standards of self-preoccupation no mean feat!

No danger of of fatigue listen to Kondo at all, just shy of directly injecting Mogadon into your eyeballs, only Meridian can be awarded that title.

I suspect your are ruffled by the fact someone would 'dare' copy your pedestal ideology of Kondo, we are not worthy audio, humm get used to it, the Chinese will be gunning for all high end manufacturers very shortly. I would have thought that being able to obtain one of your most desirable audio items for less than 1/25th the price would have been appealing even to a man of your stature in the world audio community

Have you lived with one in your system for any length of time to pass your thoughts? Kondo does one thing better than just about any other piece of audio equipment it removes the music and replaces it with a sublime sweetness that washes and brushes up the sound to a superb level without question, Deliver real musical insight I'm afraid not old boy, one must accept the fact that is Kondo's biggest draw back!

Also I would further suggest to fully appreciate Kondo's special sound a full Kondo system would be needed with complimenting speakers.

Audio UK for me if I had to resort to valves would be my weapon of choice, I would be fully satisfied that whenever I listened to my system I could be safe in the knowledge that it would entertain me with music insight for many hours BOREDOM free. The cost is similar but the results are very different.

I have many Japanese friends who's system would cost at least a decent house in middle England, yet their apartments are smaller that my workshop, they also have uber horns and wonderfully build exquisite equipment. yet they listen to Chopin etc at half past whisper O'clock for fear of upsetting the neighbors! for them obtaining the equipment and setting up the system gives them more pleasure than listening to it imho.

Back to the OP, keep up the good work, I will also offer any services free to improve your creation as a gesture of thanks for bringing this to the attention of the forum.
    The only Kondo stuff I've owned was a full rig of cabling, an Io-J and accompanying S6c-SUT, owned for several years. In the end I got rid of the Io and SUT because I felt the Miyajima Shilabe I compared it to to, while less perfect perhaps in a hifi sense (indeed it was impossible to fault the Io/S6c in hifi terms) didn't communicate emotion as well as the Miyajima/Hashimoto combination. I own no Kondo kit at the moment so I don't have a dog in this fight, except perhaps to call bullshit on people with an agenda.

I don't rate the M7 particularly but that's party because there's no definitive M7 to rate - there were solid state versions, and even with the valve models there were major variations over time in the circuit. None I've heard have set the heather on fire.

The M77 though is a glorious piece of kit and the very few times I've heard it, once in my own system, it absolutely communicated music. There was no 'silver sheen'. Urban myth that some impecunious (and resentful with it) types are happy to buy into and propagate. It's a fabulously musical bit of kit.

It just seems to me that the (very few) people who might be tempted to criticise the M77 have either not heard it in proper circumstances or (more likely) are practicing some kind of inverted snobbery, ie just because something is close to unaffordable for most mortals means it must be a con job. Well it isn't. And that's why you were taking bollocks.

However I can only speculate as to your motives for talking bollocks - I assume with your position as trade you have heard it, and it's probably not inverted snobbery as you are quite used to dealing in high-end kit (most of it sold to, er, over 55s I'm sure) - so perhaps you have let the cat out of the bag here that your comments have more than a little to do with the fact you flog other, rival, stuff in the same price bracket?

I'm Tony.

Tom

Very rarely do I say these things but just stop being twat for once, reverse snobbery? Now you really are clutching at straws my dear boy

Due to circumstances over the years we ownboth the M7 and M77 both of these pieces )as mentioned in previous post) which I know very well and sheen/polish is very apt, I feel your depiction of natural fluid music maybe somewhat different from others here. You would also need to take into account those models made before Kondo-san death as well, which imho are superior.

Certainly do not have agenda with Kondo, what I do have issue with is way that snobby up their own ass so called music lovers fawn over them to the point of almost being indoctrinated into the cult of naim Similar to way that Linn 'tune dem' their potential customers.

Kondo deserves it rightful place in the high jewellery section of audio no quibble, one of the best at what it does, but with all forms of music their lies a different tale.

No I was not going to suggest an alternative or even mention any possible counter point, thus your insecurity shows once again.

Perhaps a trip to listen to other forum members systems may somewhat focus your mind from your kink with Kondo.
    Last edited by Mr. C; 20-04-2019 at 18:08.
    Coherent Systems

I'm Wayne.

Anyway...

There is for some, an appeal in achieving 80-90% of the M77's performance for less than a grand. I think that is who this thread is for.

I'm Geoff.

Further discussion with a negative tone will likely result in post deletions. Thanks.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Further discussion with a negative tone will likely result in post deletions. Thanks.
    I think it's just healthy disagreement.

Just sayin'.

Seen far worse and posted worse myself.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondonkey View Post
    Anyway...

There is for some, an appeal in achieving 80-90% of the M77's performance for less than a grand. I think that is who this thread is for.
    Wayne,

Which is what I mentioned on this thread in previous post!
    Coherent Systems

I'm Wayne.

Yeah, it was a general purpose comment to get back on track and not aimed at you or anyone else

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Wayne,

Which is what I mentioned on this thread in previous post!
    Well in the Abbatoir thread there was a link to a pretty nice looking fully made copy in a decent case.

Shame it's no longer I would have bought it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast