+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: This guide is to help you build the DOUK KSL-M77 Preamp clone kit.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    The clone you have with the FB modifications is far better than the original EAR 834. I have applied similar modifications to a real 834 and improved it a fair bit.
    I was being modest!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    For me the issue is people earning money from someone else’s work and IP. Copying something is fine, even copying something for a friend who compensates you for your time. It’s when someone makes a business of it without the original designer’s permission.
    TdP put the 834 circuit into the public domain so the 834 can be cloned legally.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Lawrence.

I think if a law is being broken then it's wrong as that's why we have the laws to protect us. Having access to global markets via the internet to import stuff from countries who don't subscribe to the same IP protections is as bad as going to your local market and buying a Rolex knock off from a guy with a suitcase.

However, if the circuit is not patented/copyrighted or the differences between them are sufficient to make the copy legal (and as I understand it fairly minor changes are usually enough) then I don't see a problem. If nobody had ever copied Edison's lightbulb and improved it, or Watt's steam engines, where would we be now?

Having made the first point, I would ask how many of us have at least one music file that is not a legitimate copy of an album we have bought? Where do you draw the line?

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I think if a law is being broken then it's wrong as that's why we have the laws to protect us. Having access to global markets via the internet to import stuff from countries who don't subscribe to the same IP protections is as bad as going to your local market and buying a Rolex knock off from a guy with a suitcase.

However, if the circuit is not patented/copyrighted or the differences between them are sufficient to make the copy legal (and as I understand it fairly minor changes are usually enough) then I don't see a problem. If nobody had ever copied Edison's lightbulb and improved it, or Watt's steam engines, where would we be now?

Having made the first point, I would ask how many of us have at least one music file that is not a legitimate copy of an album we have bought? Where do you draw the line?

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    My line is dictated by budget. I'm not interested in "fakes" like rolexs etc but a hifi DIY PCB isn't in that category for me. Its an opportunity to build something and if anything, Chi-Fi has demonstrated that they don't bother to really put the effort into most of the clone PCBs to be even nearly accurate.

Layout, track width and thickness would need to be exact and they never are so they can never be real clones.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    The clone you have with the FB modifications is far better than the original EAR 834. I have applied similar modifications to a real 834 and improved it a fair bit.
    I doubt that would be hard. I had an 868PL and grew to realise it wasn't that great pretty quickly. Initially I conned myself it was good, though.

Made serious money when I sold it. I got it ridiculously cheaply.

I'm Justin.

The only real concern I would have is if the knock off gets so good it becomes hard to differentiate it from the real thing.

Accuphase anyone?

https://youtu.be/Mn-JTDEk-_g

I'm Phil.

A big thanks to the op for taking the time to share his knowledge and experience . also worth a look at jims audio which has some fine looking boards and components . phil
    Last edited by oceanobsession; 19-04-2019 at 19:46.
    Phil.

I'm Tony.

There is no way you can label a circuit diagram a patent just one change of device and the circuit can be used for a completely different purpose

Main difference between the M7 and M77 apart for a bank balance outlay is the ability to bore the bollocks of a charging Rhino at 60 paces increases Four fold

Think extra polish to a really well wax valeted car

Oddly enough although the Audio Note is not as smooth the musicality is far better, now perhaps a M10 signature clone would be more interesting? Though a three box pre amp does take up the rack space somewhat!

I suspect the gent who started the thread may have heard one of these nice pre amps as one resides also in his home town
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Justin.

I just read the Abbatoir thread.

Great to see the boys are still on form. Some class A humour in it.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    There is no way you can label a circuit diagram a patent just one change of device and the circuit can be used for a completely different purpose

Main difference between the M7 and M77 apart for a bank balance outlay is the ability to bore the bollocks of a charging Rhino at 60 paces increases Four fold

Think extra polish to a really well wax valeted car

Oddly enough although the Audio Note is not as smooth the musicality is far better, now perhaps a M10 signature clone would be more interesting? Though a three box pre amp does take up the rack space somewhat!

I suspect the gent who started the thread may have heard one of these nice pre amps as one resides also in his home town
    That is so arcane, I simply don't understand what you are describing.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast