+ Reply to Thread
Page 456 of 540 FirstFirst ... 356406446454455456457458466506 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Marco, I can picture you in your retail days, walking round the store with your handful of mix tapes. And in your work suit with the shoulder pads and the sleeves pushed up to your elbows
    Ha - you're not far off, mate!

I was both a hard worker and very good salesman, thus respected by the management, which is why I did well during my time there, before being promoted to department management.

I had a great rapport with the store manager (who by chance was a mad Celtic fan), and who used to move me around into departments that were underperforming and not hitting their targets, especially during sales periods, and I'd try and turn things around.

And no, unfortunately I never got the chance to 'kick butt' in the lingerie department, however that didn't stop......no we won't go there!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

So true. If you are over fifty, with a dodgy back and an aversion to screaming kids, then it's not the place for you.
    I wouldn't know, as I've NEVER been in one! And that situation is unlikely ever to change. As for screaming kids, Del and I wouldn't eat anywhere where there was such. We like quiet, relaxed places, where we can hear each other speak.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    macdonalds is comfortable and pleasant for its target audience. .
    No it isn't, it is designed to be uncomfortable for everyone, especially the target audience! If you don't believe me go in one and hang about for an hour and watch how quickly people of all ages are in and out. This isn't a secret or my pet theory, they spend a lot of money and do a lot of research to get that effect. Not just McDonalds obviously but they were one of the pioneers.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Well I heard that you put the 'linger' into 'lingerie department', and that you did go there. A lot.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ho...ore-2018-03-23

Of course, McDonald’s — which did not respond to requests for comment on these strategies — isn’t the only restaurant that uses these techniques. Food retailers try everything from menu fonts to the color of the walls to influence how much a customer eats, how their food tastes, and how long they stay.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    No it isn't, it is designed to be uncomfortable for everyone, especially the target audience! If you don't believe me go in one and hang about for an hour and watch how quickly people of all ages are in and out. This isn't a secret or my pet theory, they spend a lot of money and do a lot of research to get that effect. Not just McDonalds obviously but they were one of the pioneers.
    Families and kids, plus teens sit in them a lot; they dont linger long after eating as, as you say there is little to do once youve eaten, but that as you say is deliberate as they only have a few tables and it is "fast food". But I wouldnt even stay long enough to eat it.... You and me are catered for at the carry out or the drive thru.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Well I heard that you put the 'linger' into 'lingerie department', and that you did go there. A lot.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    . You and me are catered for at the carry out or the drive thru.
    And we all know what they do to you at the drive-thru...

yes a lot of people prefer to eat it in their car than go in. Because the interior of your car has been designed to be a psychologically pleasant environment - so the exact opposite of Maccy D's.
    Current Lash Up:

It's subliminal! Most people don't notice how awful it is as you rightly say. But it still gets them in and out more quickly. By uncomfortable I mean the environment is deliberately made to be psychologically uncomfortable. Not that they have spikes sticking out of the seats or something.
    Ok, you're saying it's subliminal, but exactly how is the environment designed to be "psychologically uncomfortable", and how would you know whether that approach was successful, as the fact that somewhere is busy/making a good profit might simply mean that customers are actually ENJOYING the whole experience?

And if they're enjoying the experience, by definition it can't be psychologically uncomfortable.

A McDonalds is what it is: the environment of a commercial food chain. The same as that of 1000s of others like it. It's as comfortable as it can be, based on the business model, type of product being sold and target clientele.

They want a car park that always has spaces available. Not an empty car park. And they don't want you to have to drive around too long looking for a space. The quicker everyone is in and out the less likely it is that the car park will get full or close to full.
    Well, clearly the plan isn't working, because most supermarket car parks in busy towns are nearly always full!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Geoff.

And we all know what they do to you at the drive-thru...

yes a lot of people prefer to eat it in their car than go in. Because the interior of your car has been designed to be a psychologically pleasant environment - so the exact opposite of Maccy D's.
    You wouldn't say that if you'd been in one of my brother's cars. The interior always looks as though he's been carting livestock about.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread