+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: HMV in trouble again.

I'm barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Hi

What about them? I find that a strange point as what do I owe the staff there? They will have put others out of business and do the staff care when I have bills to pay. What are they ..some sort of godly saviours of the retail music industry?...The last people who can guide or advise me?

Im not gloating. I comment because its no surprise to me that certain stores are in trouble. Of course I have sympathy for anyone handed a P45 but I dont have to shop where I dont want to.
    OOh nice person alert. Bit of a bugger though that this is your opinion on peoples livelyhoods and retail in general by the looks of things. I am quite sure in doing so that you are quite safe in the position you hold that enables you to do so. Very lucky person.........until it arrives at your door, then things change a little and it will one day.

I like Physical media and as such,I can touch, I can own it, I can converse with those who sell it to me.

I'm Martin.

It's not 1983 anymore, they'll get another job. I've been made redundant twice and no-one was grieving either time. Didn't even merit an article in the Guardian. Businesses go broke all the time and the staff get stuffed. They're just not famous businesses so they don't merit column inches or airtime.

Maybe we should start thinking about all those unfortunate people too? Even though we don't even know who they are? Let's have a minute's silence for them. What a load of bollocks. What is this need for everyone to have to express sympathy all the bloody time? I'm sick of it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's not 1983 anymore, they'll get another job. I've been made redundant twice and no-one was grieving either time. Didn't even merit an article in the Guardian. Businesses go broke all the time and the staff get stuffed. They're just not famous businesses so they don't merit column inches or airtime.

Maybe we should start thinking about all those unfortunate people too? Even though we don't even know who they are? Let's have a minute's silence for them. What a load of bollocks. What is this need for everyone to have to express sympathy all the bloody time? I'm sick of it.
    How often do you visit HMV?

I'm Geoff.

I'm not sure that I understand your anger at those who do feel something for those about to be unemployed.

I'm Mick.

I went in to HMV last week end. I thaught to myself, as i looked for anything worth having.
    Its nice to see a decent selection of albums for sale.
    It reminded me of 1990s when i used to buy records all the time from HMV.
    For me its sad that as we finally return to being able to go into town and choose from a selection of records, that option in now probably going to disapear.

I'm Steve.

There are still the independents. The pressure will be off them a bit. They may not be the cheapest, but often the price difference is minimal. Plus you get to handle them (the records) and talk to the seller before parting with your hard earned. Makes the buying experience worth the trip into town. Almost.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie View Post
    How often do you visit HMV?
    Not in ten years at least. But I did use to spend a fair bit of money there once a month.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I'm not sure that I understand your anger at those who do feel something for those about to be unemployed.
    It's the idea that it is okay to put social pressure on people to think a certain way in an attempt to force them into displaying some show of faux emotional response to the plight of people they have never met that I find both tedious and slightly sinister.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

I can't say I have felt any external pressure of the type you describe. I would say that I always feel bad for people who lose their job around Christmas,especially if they have young kids
    It's the idea that it is okay to put social pressure on people to think a certain way in an attempt to force them into displaying some show of faux emotional response to the plight of people they have never met that I find both tedious and slightly sinister.

I'm barry.

I think it's sad for them and us , they are probably on a very low wage anyway, nothing faux about it, just another nail in the coffin of physical media and ownership.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast