+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Moode 4.3

I'm Grant.

Think ive fixed it now.. both showing in each window... dns was off on one..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I think it helps to give different names to the devices. I was actually using two completely different HAT boards.

However, I found I could control both from the same screen and that they worked fully independently too.

Geoff

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I bought an Audiophonics Linear Power supply for the Rpi. Cost about 70 quid IIRC. Has two usb outputs. I think it is a worthwhile improvement on the standard walwarts.

If and when you do get around to using AV, I think you will be very surprised by just how much it improves SQ. I was very sceptical when I tried it but it does make a huge difference.

I also bought a short BNC to RCA cable (25cm) to connect to the SEG. I found this to be an improvement on the standard RCA to RCA cable. The short cable is very flexible so I can place the Rpi on top of the SEG and the cable just loops neatly. https://www.designacable.com/catalog...v-video-spdif/

Oh and one final thing. I fitted some 3m bumps to the base of the Rpi. Helps stop the device from shifting or marking the SEG, as well as reducing vibrations.

Geoff
    Thanks Geoff, got my eye on a similar linear psu and will take a look at the BNC leads you mention.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I think it helps to give different names to the devices. I was actually using two completely different HAT boards.

However, I found I could control both from the same screen and that they worked fully independently too.

Geoff
    Yeah, mine is volumio2 and volumio spidif. both now switching nicely. not sure if i had to as both are hard wired to the router, but i switched on the wifi as well on both and configured it. First time ive got he 2b to work on wifi. volumio2 must have improved from last one in that respect.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Luke.

Just trying Volumio for the first time in ages, after being generally very happy with an old version of Moode.

Very impressed! Such an easy set up, and great extra functionality options. In particular the YouTube integration - can see myself using this a lot to listen to factual stuff, plus some music too occasionally. Great stuff!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234