+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 156

Thread: Super Tweeters - Fact or Flights of Fancy?

  1. #71
    Join Date: Dec 2008

    Posts: 109

    Default

    I use these Visaton horns in a 3way OB mated to a fieldcoil midrange xover 7k
    they are wonderfull these replaced Visaton ribbons

    http://www.visaton.de/en/high_end/ht_horn/tl16h_8.html

  2. #72
    Join Date: Dec 2008

    Location: Yorks

    Posts: 16,643
    I'm Nobody.

    Default

    Wow there real nice, i like the light ash hardwood base

  3. #73
    Join Date: Sep 2009

    Location: west mids, UK

    Posts: 3,341
    I'm Phil.

    Default

    tried the townshend but they didn`t do it for me
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

    Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

    Eric Bibb

  4. #74
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Norfolk, UK

    Posts: 6,258
    I'm BigBobJoylove.

    Default


    Lounge:
    Samsung QE65QN80F 65" QLED TV
    Echo Link streamer
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    XMOS DSD Async
    Emotiva A2+ power amplifier
    Neat Motive SX1 speakers
    Van Damme 4.00mm tour grade speaker cable
    Audiocrast Spreizbar banana plugs
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect


    Studio:
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    SMSL SU-1 DAC
    Modified Fosi P4 preamp
    Adam Audio T5Vs
    Fenton 10" active sub
    Fosi V1.0G integrated amp
    Roxel RBS 300s
    Several small valve preamps

  5. #75
    Join Date: Mar 2009

    Location: Hemel Hempstead

    Posts: 1,074
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    I've added a pair of Pioneer PT-R4 ribbon super tweets which I got from Japan and I'm very pleased with them.

    Excellent looks, built and sound and a fraction of the Townshend ones. In fact they make them look rather home made by comparison, but then high end Japanese gear is always immaculately finished.
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  6. #76
    Join Date: Mar 2009

    Location: Elland

    Posts: 6,922
    I'm David.

    Default

    Piccys steve
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

  7. #77
    Join Date: Nov 2008

    Location: Valley of the Hazels

    Posts: 9,143
    I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

    Default




    Chris

  8. #78
    Join Date: Mar 2009

    Location: Elland

    Posts: 6,922
    I'm David.

    Default

    Snazzy!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

  9. #79
    Join Date: Dec 2008

    Location: Yorks

    Posts: 16,643
    I'm Nobody.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twelvebears View Post
    I've added a pair of Pioneer PT-R4 ribbon super tweets which I got from Japan and I'm very pleased with them.

    Excellent looks, built and sound and a fraction of the Townshend ones. In fact they make them look rather home made by comparison, but then high end Japanese gear is always immaculately finished.
    Aye great units, how much did you pay for those if you don't mind about £200?

    Those pioneers should work well with your speakers Hamish, they have built in high pass filter with user variable frequency

    Type: Ribbon Type Super Tweeter
    Frequency range: 9,000Hz - 120,000Hz (HPF 20kHz)
    10,000Hz - 120,000Hz (HPF 30kHz)
    Built-In Crossover
    Average sound pressure level: 90dB
    Rated impedance: 6 Ohms
    Maximum power: 100W
    Dimensions: W100 x H102 x D151.5 mm
    Weight: 1.3kg each

  10. #80
    Join Date: Mar 2009

    Location: Elland

    Posts: 6,922
    I'm David.

    Default

    They looked like they cost more than £200 when I had a mooch about tweb the other day!
    I'd love to give something like that a go! Maybe when money permits I should give it a try!!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •