+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 156

Thread: Super Tweeters - Fact or Flights of Fancy?

  1. #41
    Join Date: Mar 2009

    Location: Elland

    Posts: 6,922
    I'm David.

    Default

    well i would love to have a go at this if anyone is willing to give me very indepth instructions on what bits to get and how to do it!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

  2. #42
    Join Date: Dec 2008

    Location: Yorks

    Posts: 16,643
    I'm Nobody.

    Default

    Hamish get something like these Tanny ST50 you just plonk onto of your speakers, these particular ones have level & frequency adjustments, quite expensive tho but others make simular

    http://www.tannoy.com/ResidentialSum...aBnpZtj9yMmgQ=

    http://83.138.162.162/products/148/st50.pdf

  3. #43
    Join Date: May 2008

    Location: Lancaster(-ish), UK

    Posts: 16,936
    I'm ChrisB.

    Default

    A bit more than a £10 experiment Andre!

  4. #44
    Join Date: Dec 2008

    Location: Yorks

    Posts: 16,643
    I'm Nobody.

    Default

    Can be more than £10 can be more than £10 if you don't know what your doing

  5. #45
    Join Date: Mar 2009

    Location: Elland

    Posts: 6,922
    I'm David.

    Default

    The ones at £299 on eBay seem to be pretty cheap for those particular units, but I don't have that sorta cash to chuck about at the mo... Hense my interest in spending a tenner!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

  6. #46
    Join Date: Dec 2009

    Location: Hadrians Wall

    Posts: 313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    well i would love to have a go at this if anyone is willing to give me very indepth instructions on what bits to get and how to do it!
    Snap.

    Kris.

  7. #47
    Join Date: Mar 2009

    Location: Elland

    Posts: 6,922
    I'm David.

    Default

    come on clever diy folk ... links to bits and how too pictures and diagrams please
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

  8. #48
    Join Date: Dec 2009

    Location: Leigh Lancs

    Posts: 299
    I'm David.

    Default tweeters

    Hi
    I have a pair of these tweeters in the garage somewhere,anyone lives local to Leigh lancs are welcome to them for nowt,in fact there may be 2 pairs for the same price.
    Regards Dave.
    Don't need any Tannoys - I've got the best. All cables supplied by pound shop or better.
    Cheatfinder General.

  9. #49
    Join Date: May 2008

    Location: Lancaster(-ish), UK

    Posts: 16,936
    I'm ChrisB.

    Default

    Hamish,
    I'd love to help, mate but I don't think I'm qualified!
    I'm sure someone else has the requisite knowledge - guys?

  10. #50
    Join Date: Jun 2009

    Location: Hove Actually

    Posts: 3,947
    I'm Imjustsurviving.

    Default

    I have posted this before somewhere but here goes, the tweeters as you know are avialable from Maplins but instead of farting about with resisters just buy a pairs of "L Pads" from
    https://www.wilmslow-audio.co.uk/cat...96869eb397b0cd

    You can then wire these and adjust the volume or rolloff point to your hearts content, you will just have to make up some sort of box's to house it all in, this is where i used them
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3341

    If i had the spare change i would buy a pair of the Townshend ribbon supertweeters as these are better than the Tannoys or so i have been told by more than one dealer
    Jon


    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.




    Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •