Quote Originally Posted by Magna Audio View Post
Won't comment on the Jriver side of things not used it as X/O, do try lower than 4 order though.
I've found 4th order okay on sub horns and mid bass but further up the frequencies it kills feeling / mood - very driver dependant I guess. If they are good quality you want to let the loveliness play on a bit.
Thanks Steve. This is precisely why I'm attracted to try active dsp, the ability of being able to adjust things easily and immediately hear the differences. In addition to trying different slopes I will be trying out different crossover points starting at what the passive crossovers are.

Room correction will add another dimension.

My fear is that this will all become too good leading me to having to get high end and expensive multichannel amps such as what Ken is currently doing.

At a recent show I went to there were some 3 way Kudos Titan speakers being actively driven with multiple Linn amps. Shockingly good.

But I dare say not as good as your Tannoy GRF recipes. When I win the lottery I will be over to you and Paul's (RFC) to discuss a bespoke Tannoy system. Until then I will have to slum it with the Eatons.