+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 274

Thread: Lampizator Level 7

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #11
    Join Date: Jan 2011

    Location: Geneve

    Posts: 80
    I'm Norm.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrmb View Post
    My impression of the 6A3's is changing as probably the tubes are with some burnin use. They are late of late '40's vintage and as me, they may have been a little gassey; nothing that the getter couldn't burn off

    Nevertheless, their producing the most holographic soundstage that I've ever heard. Separation is pretty amazing. Whether they will ultimately be my primary tubes, I haven't a clue. But, they are sure fun to listen to. Not bad for around $50 a piece!

    In the meantime, I post my thoughts when the 422A arrives....
    6A3 is the best value for money play. I like to use the Phillips metal base GZ34 recti and NU brand 45 triodes as well certain vintage 54uG rectis. I was lucky to score a pair of ST shape WE vintage 101ds for $100 the pair delivered...very weak testing, but they work fine.
    Last edited by wisnon; 12-03-2015 at 17:55.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •