As far as I know, a phase inverting preamp is designed that way as it permits one less stage in the signal path, theoretically improving sound quality through a simpler circuit. Most CJ preamp seem to be phase inverting - not sure if this is a 'tube' thing or whether it is common with solid state preamp also.

The user manual suggests reversing polarity of the speaker cables with a phase - correct power amp, and suggests that there is a significant SQ benefit. Mine is, so I follow their advice, although I haven't experimented extensively to see if this is so.

I like the Gold Lion 6922 very much, not least because it is a very quiet tube. I am also about to try some cryo treated Voshkod 'Rocket' 6N23P - hope they are good... have a very good rep and are cheap. I got them from Watford Valves, and have always had a good experience with what they supply.. tested for noise, microphonics and have closely matched triode sections. If they work well, I'm going to buy a few more to set aside while they are still available!.

Cheers,
Alex