
Originally Posted by
User211
Nothing is wrong with an AN 4.1. It is a great DAC. It just sounds nothing like an AN 4.1. I really like the AN 4.1 with a pair of AN Es. I liked it with my speakers but for me it isn't such a good blend in that situation. I hear levels of colouration that are too high for me to accept long term. I didn't hear those colourations to anywhere near the same extent with AN Es. It may well be that the 4.1 has been voiced with AN Es.
Interesting answer as I think this will concur with anubisgrau's thoughts. I am thinking very much about how the higher level Lampizators compare to my Audial Model S DAC, along with what the new LFD DAC5 sounds like, so perhaps time to listen to some new DACs.
Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.