I've ordered from Scott Nangle in February because I needed another supplier for Music Matters mainly. Had a cheap Spanish seller for a year, but he stopped his business. Ordered from Alan Ross at Jazzhouserecords which was fine, but still quite expensive.
So I stumbled across snvinyl.co.uk, seemed a trustworthy shop, with also a high audio equipment real life shop. Sounded good. It's the webschop of Scott Nangle Audio.
I placed an order for £ 106. Since he doesn't accept Paypal I ended up paying by bank transfer, risky, but since all looked well, I went along with it. He received payment on 24 February.
Since then I'm still waiting for my order. Initially there was a problem with the new 33 rpm Music Matters Blue Train which was in stock when I ordered, but out of stock when my payment came in I guess. I've sent loads of emails, many of which were not answered. Or answered in such a way that I wasn't any wiser.
So I first called him on 21 March to see what was happening and he then explained the problem with the Blue Train. I changed that for the new Music Matters 33 rpm Soul Station. Scott assured me the record would be in the shop the week after on Tuesday or Wednesday (26 March). I kept on waiting but nothing was brought by the mailman.
So I called last Friday, 4th of April. Scott confirmed everything was ready, but he had a backlog of many orders so it would take him to Monday/Tuesday to send my order. Been mailing to check if that would be the case, several times this week, none of these mails were answered.

So I don't know what to do, being a bank transfer there is nothing I can do to get my money back by asking my bank to intervene. I've bought tons lp's off Ebay and webshops without zero complaint. So this is driving me mad, luckily I held off buying my usual amount of records, but still, it's not a trifle.

Anyone else who has this experience with Scott Nangle or knows how to go about this?

Many thanks

Dirk (Ghent Belgium)