I am offering my Oxford Acoustics Crystal Reference turntable complete with mounted SME V arm for sale at £1995.00.

I have owned this turntable from new but due to being seduced by the ease of the wicked silver disc, It has not had much use over the years, albeit that I have carefully maintained it (main bearing oil recently changed) it is in immaculate condition and in full working order.

I have a copy of Martin Colloms outstanding review in Hi Fi news available to serious enquirers.

This turntable was a seriously innovative design, based on a non-suspension principle with high mass loading to achieve superior sonics. When released, the sound of the turntable was so good that Absolute Sounds was appointed as worldwide exporter. The only other turntable manufacturers they dealt with at the time were Goldmund and Oracle.

The Crystal Reference turntable is constructed with an integral mass-loaded stand which can be levelled via four threaded lock spikes in the base plate.

The plinth, supporting the high torgue synchronous motor controlled by an electronic power supply offering two quartz-referenced speeds of 33.3 and 45 rpm, is mounted on the top of the stand. Three sorbothane-type cones containg captive hollow head bolts isolate the sub-chassis, main bearing and arm mounting from the motor.

The high inertia platter (a combination of phosphur bronze and acrylic weighing over 15kg0 is chord driven and onec the whole assembly is levelled, setup remains constant.

The power supply and control electronics are built into a recess in the top of the stand which is concealed from view (please refer to the pictures on the link below for further explanation).

The inert mass-loaded stand weighs over 40kg and the whole assembly, including platter, arm and puck weighs in at around 65kg - a true heavyweight!

Interested forum members can contact Steve on 07725 874832 or 01252 695525 for further information.

Due to the weight, personal collection from my home in north east Hampshire is advised.
I am offering my Oxford Acoustics Crystal Reference turntable complete with mounted SME V arm for sale at £1995.00.

I have owned this turntable from new but due to being seduced by the ease of the wicked silver disc, It has not had much use over the years, albeit that I have carefully maintained it (main bearing oil recently changed) it is in immaculate condition and in full working order.

I have a copy of Martin Colloms outstanding review in Hi Fi news available to serious enquirers.

This turntable was a seriously innovative design, based on a non-suspension principle with high mass loading to achieve superior sonics. When released, the sound of the turntable was so good that Absolute Sounds was appointed as worldwide exporter. The only other turntable manufacturers they dealt with at the time were Goldmund and Oracle.

The Crystal Reference turntable is constructed with an integral mass-loaded stand which can be levelled via four threaded lock spikes in the base plate.

The plinth, supporting the high torgue synchronous motor controlled by an electronic power supply offering two quartz-referenced speeds of 33.3 and 45 rpm, is mounted on the top of the stand. Three sorbothane-type cones containg captive hollow head bolts isolate the sub-chassis, main bearing and arm mounting from the motor.

The high inertia platter (a combination of phosphur bronze and acrylic weighing over 15kg0 is chord driven and onec the whole assembly is levelled, setup remains constant.

The power supply and control electronics are built into a recess in the top of the stand which is concealed from view (please refer to the pictures on the link below for further explanation).

The inert mass-loaded stand weighs over 40kg and the whole assembly, including platter, arm and puck weighs in at around 65kg - a true heavyweight!

Interested forum members can contact Steve on 07725 874832 or 01252 695525 for further information.

Due to the weight, personal collection from my home in north east Hampshire is advised.

More pictures here:-
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/crystalref/