+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Bolivar Speaker Works Model 125

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date: Jul 2010

    Location: Newbury

    Posts: 702
    I'm RichardbutpreferRich.

    Default Bolivar Speaker Works Model 125

    I recently acquried these Bolivar 70's vintage speakers in need of some restoration off fleabay. As the seem to have been a relatively obsucre short lived brand I thought I'd post some photos as point of reference.

    Manufacturer: Bolivar Speaker Works (Offshoot of JBL\Harmon)
    Yr of Manufacture: 1975-1980 (ish)
    Model: 125
    Type: 2-Way - 8" Woofer - Paper Cone Tweeter
    Dimensions: H23"(58.5cm) W12.5"(32cm) D10.5"(26cm)
    Weight: 12kgs
    Impedence:4ohms
    Power Rating: Unknown
    UK price when new: Unknown


    Grill Badges are wood which is a nice touch


    Cabinets were foil wrapped to reduce cost




    Cabinet back


    Flimsy spring loaded binding posts
    Last edited by Mothman; 11-01-2011 at 07:34.
    Rich

    Source: Squeezebox Touch, Chinese AK4396 DAC, Pioneer PL-112D + Shure M75ED type2, Pioneer PD-7700 CDP
    Amp: Sansui AU-505
    Speakers: Ditton 44's

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •