+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Croft Mega Micro with seperate PSU

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Obviously this has nothing to do with the sound quality, but I for one, like the cream and beige livery of the pre-amp.

As it is somewhat unique, I think you should keep it "as is" in memory of Glenn Croft.
    I'm not exactly keen on the colour but the sound more than makes up for that. It will be kept as is in memory of Glenn Croft.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Definitely.

If you spray it black, it's bound to lose value instantly.

There were more than a handful of these made because back in the day we sold on average, one per week along with others in the range
    I initially thought about a re-spray but quickly decided against that. Must be quite a few of these then if you sold one per week. Must admit this is the first i've seen, infact, the first time hearing of the Mega Micro's existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    The first micro I had was cream and brown and definitely had a retro feel. It was one of the reasons I became so interested in hifi. Amazing sound for a tiny price. I think the original micro was £125. I used it with a Quad 405 and it elevated my vinyl listening no end

Those early crofts I think will become the most sort after in the future I feel as they were his first designs and you rarely see them for sale now.

I have never come across an original Micro for sale in the last 30 years.
    That is a crazy price. Not sure what that equates to in today's money. I think the Micro 25 Basic was about £350 when that came out, so not a huge leap from the original Micro. I have to say though, i do love the look of the newer range, just simple and understated. I got the Mega Micro off ebay, which i had seen been advertised for awhile. I had actually missed out on a 25RS (by £50) and decided to investigate the Mega (which i had never heard of) I'm surprised it was not snapped up by someone!
    Last edited by kininigin; 16-08-2023 at 14:00.
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

+ Reply to Thread