Quote Originally Posted by DarrenHW View Post
Great picture, spoilt by an archaic UI, lack of apps and support from Panasonic. Here's my opinion: https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...43#post1225243
Good, honest and informative review, Darren. As I've said though, apps are a non-issue for me, as they're rarely used, if ever, as I get all the streamed/On Demand movie content I need from Sky and Virgin Movies (via my Virgin subscription), plus also Google play, so the Panny will be used solely to play discs, both music and movie related.

One of its primary functions, therefore, will also be to act as a CD transport for my Beresford DAC, and to play my SACD discs. In that respect, I note that it has a Toslink, not coaxial, connection to facilitate that, so will be investing in a decent optical cable for that purpose.

The only thing that would concern me is the noise. Is it really *THAT* bad? I've not seen it mentioned on any other online reviews, so that's strange considering how intrusive you've said it is...

Granty, how noisy is yours - and can you hear the fan in a notably annoying way?

Marco.