'Evening all,

I'm Steph, I've been a member for a little over a year, but this is my first posting here. My musical tastes are varied, focusing strongly on electronica and 1970-90 rock. There's also a good stack of jazz, a few classical and goodness knows what else. Most of it's on vinyl, but I'm not wedded to any particular format and have CD and streaming services as well.

In terms of gear, there's quite a bit; Pathos, Musical Fidelity, Audio Research, Noteworthy, Rega, Funk, Thorens and Leema, spread across two systems. Speakers are Ruark; a recently rebuilt set of Crusaders in the main system and a pair of Icons in the second system. There's a set of Sceptre here too, although they've had a hard life and will need a bit of work to get them looking pretty and working properly again.

I also should probably mention Thorens turntables; I have a few, maybe as many as a dozen (lost count!), from the near-ubiquitous TD160 through to a TD521/SME 312s which competes on a near-daily basis with a Phonospohie No.3 for the right to be called top table - I'm fortunate that I can keep two tables set up in the main system all the time. I rebuild Thorens 'tables for fun; currently working on a TD126 MkIV, which I'm hopeful might play a record for the first time in my ownership this coming weekend.

And there's a TD124 MkII which arrived today; it's going to need quite a bit of work to get it into top condition and seeing some relevant threads are here, I thought now was a good opportunity to join in the discussion with people who can hopefully give me the benefit of their experience.

Steph