Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
The YouTube link provided only plays the first track and not the whole album, so I had to listen to the tracks piecemeal and not necessarily in the correct order of the play list. In fact I'm not even sure I listened to all thirteen tracks!

That said, I quite liked the album: sort of Dubliners meets zydeco meets Appalachian banjo pickin', with Bruce trying to sound at times like Bob Dylan!

Whilst admiring the enthusiasm and skill of the players, on some of the tracks I quickly became bored. But some others were a complete joy.

Bit of a curate's egg - an interesting album and worth repeated listening, but at the moment I'll give it 6/10.

Good choice Grant - just the sort of thing we like to see on the Album Club.
i picked because it would be uncomfortable for most. Its not every day listening for me either although ive listened to it a lot lately before choosing it.
For me, i could have went for something more folk would like but i felt as a mod, i should hit hard lol.
Im glad some folk have liked the odd track as its a very good album, even tho its of a style not listened to so much now.