Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
You'd think so wouldn't you?

The great thing about forums is that you can get a range of opinions about something. It isn't just one reviewer saying 'I give this five stars' like we had in the days of the magazines.

What are you supposed to do if a friend comes up with a product you like? Personally I'll say I like it. And if I don't I'll say so and I'll say why, Actually this is easier to do if you know them because they'll understand it is nothing personal and take the criticism on board. If someone anonymous criticises it then you have no idea if it is due to some sort of agenda they might have. So it cuts both ways.

It wouldn't be much of a forum if everyone was afraid to give a positive opinion lest they be accused of shilling, would it? Regrettably there are some sad little wankers out there who would like to create that sort of atmosphere and ruin forums and they do this by accusing everyone of shilling everything (except the products that they like and use of course).

It's a bit like the primary school kids shouting insults at the older boys from behind the safety of their playground railings. All I can say is they better cross the road if they ever see me coming.

Don't get sucked in by that agenda.
"It wouldn't be much of a forum if everyone was afraid to give a positive opinion lest they be accused of shilling, would it? Regrettably there are some sad little wankers out there who would like to create that sort of atmosphere and ruin forums and they do this by accusing everyone of shilling everything (except the products that they like and use of course)"

*Slow claps*

Absolutely spot on, Martin.

Full disclosure: I agree with this opinion and have not been paid or recieved any incentive to do so.

<Is that how we avoid this shilling accusation bullshit. FFS.

Johnny, Substantiate your claim with evidence!!!