Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
That’s a good analogy actually, cooking.

Some turn out dish after dish, paying little attention to refining them and just focusing on what’s next.

I know from experience that if you give two people a can of tomatoes, tomato purée, onions / celery / carrots, garlic, red wine, mince, and salt and pepper, the results will vary wildly, from a fine ragu to a sloppy Spag Bol.

Having worked with those ingredients “enthusiastically” for 6+ yrs now I like to think I can turn out a decent meat sauce... minute adjustments anywhere can change the fundamental balance of it.

Funny I thought it was a terrible analogy. Cooking is about technique and proportion. It’s more like the difference between between saxo table salt and some rare Himalayan stuff: this will not make vast impact all other things being equal including recipe - which is design, execution - which is process and technique, and the same chef of course.

A more sensible analogy is to compare unobtanium components to rare versions of herbs and spices on the edge of the main dish - potentially interesting and arguably worth a bit more for interest’s sake - but if it’s the same chef with the same list of ingredients, the same recipe and the same tools and the same technique there probably won’t be a vast difference.

After all we are talking about electrical components of same values.