Hi good folk of AOS

I have been considering for a while a new tone arm for my NA interspace, currently I use an OL fettled Rega which sounds good to me, whilst this is more than ok I am wondering whether if I spend say 700-1000 britisher pounds on something it will be a big enough jump up to warrant the outlay. Given that I'm happy to buy secondhand I suspect it will be. So a couple of questions/considerations I have -

Differences between unipivot and normal bearing arms, generally I read that unipivots are great on detail and mids etc but can be a bit bass light compared with normal arms, is this a good rule of thumb? Any other thing to consider with these types of arm?

I really need a Rega (single central hole) fixing and geometry if possible for a drop in replacement on my TT.

I'm not going to go down the Denon 103 or SPU route yet (if ever!) so don't really need detachable head shells etc. My current Cart is a ZYX Yatra which I am very happy with and has a lot of life left in it so not really going to change this for a couple of years. I run it on the Rega with a 5gm extra weight which it seems to like.

Happy to buy second hand or consider things slightly left field, no air bearing stuff though, can't be arsed with that an probably out of my price range.

Things I have looked at - OL arms , Audio note, Up the Rega range, Notts Analouge stuff. If you can make me think about others I'd be grateful!

For a description of my system and how it sounds the good Mr Gong was kind enough to write a review after a brief visit here, the only think that has changed since has been the addition of a pair of Firebottle monos , and very good they are to, now using the Classik as a pre. They have certainly been a great addition , more grip , detail and scale apparent now, with out losing any of the attributes Mr Gong describes.

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...r-Andy-SMANGUS

SO any ideas , considerations, suggestions are most welcome!

Cheers Andy