+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 274

Thread: Lampizator Level 7

  1. #191
    Join Date: Aug 2013

    Location: London

    Posts: 129
    I'm Ked.

    Default

    Justin had previously sent the 7 back saying it's great but he wouldn't want to spend more. Now he has sent the GG back. Pattern?

    That said, I think GG needs to break in a lot, because of the Mundorf caps in the power supply, but I am not planning to upgrade no more

  2. #192
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,363
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    No pattern. 6k to 14k is a leap I won't be making.

    Hear it first Kedar. I'm pretty sure it is as I say it is. I'd like to hear the Big 7 Lite out of interest but I doubt I'll pursue it.

  3. #193
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,363
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    If the leap was as big as it was from 4 to 7 I'd be thinking but not for too long.

  4. #194
    Join Date: Aug 2013

    Location: London

    Posts: 129
    I'm Ked.

    Default

    I think the price difference is less, as yours is without any DSD and doesn't have the pre built in, plus the stock tubes are more expensive

  5. #195
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,363
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    The GG had no pre and the 101Ds are only £350 a pair. I assume it had DSD but if so we didn't try it.

    Get the WE copies Kedar. I'm going to score a pair.

  6. #196
    Join Date: Aug 2013

    Location: London

    Posts: 129
    I'm Ked.

    Default

    Then it should be cheaper. It is 14k eur plus vat, here fully loaded it should be 12k.

    I have had the 101d replicas for a while. They are unbeatable

  7. #197
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,363
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    You had the cheapo ones in the shot I saw... guess you must have got some since. They're very good but unbeatable? Nah.

    Rob reckons EML 45 mesh plate. I didn't like the EML 45 smooth plates much at all. Rob also reckons £14K here. Haggling might get you a deal.

  8. #198
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,363
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    Even Mr Fikus reckons it is expensive...



    At the end of the day, the Big 7 is an excellent circuit (world class whatever that means, but it obviously is rated incredibly highly by the majority who have witnessed one) with foo parts exactly where Lukasz said they were needed, and non-foo where he said they weren't. I think he has basically made the GG for those that didn't believe this and asked for extra foo. He knew he could sell them and who can blame him for doing so.

    In my opinion he was right the first time. The extra foo may add a little more to the performance but it doesn't amount to a big difference. Diminishing returns, I think, must set in really heavily after the B7 Lite point.

    I'd put my money on the B7 Lite being super seriously good VFM compared to a GG, and pretty good compared to a B7.

  9. #199
    Join Date: Aug 2013

    Location: London

    Posts: 129
    I'm Ked.

    Default

    When I say unbeatable, sort of getting the originals. These will be better than any 6a3s, are better than the more expensive EML gone 45, and should be better than all 300bs unless you like mid range only. They are very detailed, excellent bass, large soundstage, and forward. They are not as smooth as 6a3 or globe 45s.

  10. #200
    Join Date: Jan 2011

    Location: Geneve

    Posts: 80
    I'm Norm.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Even Mr Fikus reckons it is expensive...



    At the end of the day, the Big 7 is an excellent circuit (world class whatever that means, but it obviously is rated incredibly highly by the majority who have witnessed one) with foo parts exactly where Lukasz said they were needed, and non-foo where he said they weren't. I think he has basically made the GG for those that didn't believe this and asked for extra foo. He knew he could sell them and who can blame him for doing so.

    In my opinion he was right the first time. The extra foo may add a little more to the performance but it doesn't amount to a big difference. Diminishing returns, I think, must set in really heavily after the B7 Lite point.

    I'd put my money on the B7 Lite being super seriously good VFM compared to a GG, and pretty good compared to a B7.
    Justin, I am hearing that the GG is a lot better. It takes a while to break in due to the Mundorf caps, but unfortunately it just keeps growing and growing and finally blows the B7 out of the water.

    I was hoping this was not the case, as I like my B7 being top of the hill.

    Go listen to your pal's GG in another month!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •