+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: TC-7240 RCA/PHONO switcher

  1. #41
    Join Date: Feb 2008

    Location: http://www.homehifi.co.uk

    Posts: 6,289


  2. #42
    Join Date: Jun 2012

    Location: Forster, NSW, Australia

    Posts: 280
    I'm Hal.

    Default

    I have a Little Dot Mk 111 with only one input so this looks ideal. In listening tests how close to sonically invisible was this, I have what I think is good hearing (but I'm no Golden Ear, not at 57) so I doubt I'd hear any loss of fidelity at all - is this what members have found?

    Hal55

  3. #43
    Join Date: Feb 2008

    Location: http://www.homehifi.co.uk

    Posts: 6,289

    Default

    It is a passive switch, and one that has been built to the sort of quality that you would probably only find in really high-end amps. If you can detect any sort of loss of sound quality, no matter how small, you can have a full refund. I don't mess about with the quality of anything that carries my name.

  4. #44
    Join Date: Jun 2012

    Location: Forster, NSW, Australia

    Posts: 280
    I'm Hal.

    Default

    And that sounds good enough for me! Does the AoS discount still apply - I'm in Australia so if you can give me the price I'll organize purchase on your website. I took a look but didn't see an option with a AoS discount. If you just want to send me a Paypal invoice that also is fine and I'll send you the details.
    Looking forward to having yourproduct in my system,

    Hal55

  5. #45
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: North West

    Posts: 14
    I'm Gaz.

    Default

    Is there a way to use this to connect 2 seperate amps (SS or valve) to the same single source and set of speakers, or would the alternative Beresford TC-7220 be better for this?

    I have 1 source (DAC), 2 amps, 1 pair of speakers - what would work best?

  6. #46
    Join Date: Feb 2008

    Location: http://www.homehifi.co.uk

    Posts: 6,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr.jones View Post
    Is there a way to use this to connect 2 seperate amps (SS or valve) to the same single source and set of speakers, or would the alternative Beresford TC-7220 be better for this?

    I have 1 source (DAC), 2 amps, 1 pair of speakers - what would work best?
    You can use the TC-7220 to connect between two amps and two speakers.
    You need the TC-7240 to connect between one or more source components into two amps.

    So in your case you would need a TC-7220 and a TC-7240.

  7. #47
    Join Date: Feb 2012

    Location: London

    Posts: 242
    I'm Jay.

    Default

    Switching valve amps or SS to and from valve would require a load on the valve amp output if it's to remain on. Does the TC-7220 provide that?

    I know it's not a big deal if one switches amps on or off before selecting. I would also assume a suitable load could be attached to the second speaker input - but is it a make before break switch?

  8. #48
    Join Date: Feb 2008

    Location: http://www.homehifi.co.uk

    Posts: 6,289

    Default

    There is no load across any of the inputs or outputs of the TC-7220. It is designed to be the equivalent of a speaker lead so to speak. Loads etc introduce distortion, which nobody wants from a switching unit.
    The operating instructions clearly state that you should switch off the amps before changing over any of the switches.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •