I recently acquried these Bolivar 70's vintage speakers in need of some restoration off fleabay. As the seem to have been a relatively obsucre short lived brand I thought I'd post some photos as point of reference.
Manufacturer: Bolivar Speaker Works (Offshoot of JBL\Harmon)
Yr of Manufacture: 1975-1980 (ish)
Model: 125
Type: 2-Way - 8" Woofer - Paper Cone Tweeter
Dimensions: H23"(58.5cm) W12.5"(32cm) D10.5"(26cm)
Weight: 12kgs
Impedence:4ohms
Power Rating: Unknown
UK price when new: Unknown
Grill Badges are wood which is a nice touch
Cabinets were foil wrapped to reduce cost
Cabinet back
Flimsy spring loaded binding posts
![]()






Reply With Quote







Isaac Bashevis Singer

Originally Posted by Mothman


these things sound great. There is loads of bass (probably too much for my small listening room) and the mids and highs aren't too shabby either for a two way speaker. Certainly not the last word in detail but then I wasn't expecting that from a pair of budget\mid price 70's speakers.

