+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: Canton CT-1000/2 Three way Speakers

  1. #31
    Join Date: Jun 2014

    Location: Chorley Lancs

    Posts: 19,516
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Just seen your added pictures Ken, and they look great, nice and compact. A good idea well executed. Look forward to seeing and hearing these at the next NEBO.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

    T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: KEF Reference 3, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

    T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Arcam A75 integrated, Monitor Audio R852 MD speakers
    A/V:
    LG OLED65 G56LS, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL T9i sub.


    KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

  2. #32
    Join Date: Oct 2012

    Location: The Black Country

    Posts: 6,269
    I'm Alan.

    Default

    Nice work guvenor!
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

  3. #33
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Carlisle - UK

    Posts: 2,086
    I'm Ken.

    Default

    Thanks Steve
    I should be giving them an airing at the Maverick Show (Ex WigWam) on Sunday Oct 27th as well.

  4. #34
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Carlisle - UK

    Posts: 2,086
    I'm Ken.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Nice work guvenor!

  5. #35
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Carlisle - UK

    Posts: 2,086
    I'm Ken.

    Default

    Managed to make some transit cases for the speakers.







    That's the foam lining fitted, with one speaker in place, phew they fit

    If anyone is going, I'll be showing the Cantons and my Neurochrome 686 Monoblocks etc at the Maverick Show (Ex WigWam) on Sunday Oct 27th in Room 231.

    Its free for visitors this year!

    Location: Holiday Inn - Dodworth (Barnsley) S75 3JT.
    Just off the M1 J37.
    Last edited by Qwin; 18-10-2024 at 12:24.

  6. #36
    Join Date: Sep 2019

    Location: North Lincolnshire

    Posts: 293
    I'm Lloyd.

    Default

    If I can remember the room number I’ll see you and have a listen .. they look cracking and certainly sounded good at NEBO
    A widower finding solace in music

  7. #37
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Carlisle - UK

    Posts: 2,086
    I'm Ken.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swann36 View Post
    If I can remember the room number I’ll see you and have a listen .. they look cracking and certainly sounded good at NEBO

  8. #38
    Join Date: Jun 2015

    Location: London/Durham

    Posts: 7,483
    I'm Lawrence.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swann36 View Post
    If I can remember the room number I’ll see you and have a listen .. they look cracking and certainly sounded good at NEBO
    You could always check the room/kit listing you should be able to get from reception, or try and visit every room!

    Sent from my HEY2-W09 using Tapatalk

  9. #39
    Join Date: Jun 2011

    Location: Tallinn, Estonia

    Posts: 155
    I'm Juha.

    Default

    Hello Ken,

    I would like to thank you for introducing the Canton CT1000. I did some research and decided to get them. There is some Canton stuff on local sales sites every week (in Finland).
    But the CT1000 took almost two months.
    Found a white pair of CT1000/2. Had to drive 460 km tp get them. Price was reasonable 280 euros.

    Happy with them. But having problems with mids. One mid driver has bad coil rub. I could have both mids repaired later.
    Now using Dayton Audio SIG120-4 mid drivers. They fit well, even two original screws align. Compared to original mids these have more modern mid sound and technology.

    Crossovers
    Started recapping. Canton prints their own parts numbers on the circuit board. There is a big list on Audiokarma on respective caps and their parts numbers. My speakers have sequential serial numbers,
    but different brand of caps. Ordered new caps from German Visaton.

    Speaker terminals
    I replaced the original terminals with ones that take banana plugs. The plastic holder comes loose with heat gun. It is glued on the bottom of the routed hole. Some woodwork is needed to fit new terminals.

    Are these better than NS1000?? Time will tell. Anyway fun speakers with fantastic bass.
    I am a long time active NS1000 user...

    Listening equipment:
    Daphile streamer on mini-itx old Celeron processor
    USB to Sp/dif converter Douk Audio U2
    RME ADI-2 dac (the first ADI-2 from 2010)
    Electrocompaniet EC4 pre
    Genelec 1067A AB amplifier from about 1980.
    Analogue: Thorens TD 160 Super, Micro Seiki CF1 arm, Toshiba SR-370, Micro Seiki MA-505 arm, Nagaoka MP-50, Ortofon S 15-TE
    Source: JRiver 20, RME 9632 sound card, cd Micromega Drive 1, Hegel HD2 dac, Asus Xonar STX
    Pre-amp: Quad 33, Audiolabor VV2020
    Amps: Quad 522, Quad 405, Nakamichi Amplifier 1, CEC Amp 3300
    Speakers: Kef 104/2, ESS Amt 1 Monitor, Magneplanar 2.5/RT, Yamaha NS1000M - Active Genelec, cable Mogami 2513 "Blue Rocket"

  10. #40
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Carlisle - UK

    Posts: 2,086
    I'm Ken.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juha View Post
    Hello Ken,

    I would like to thank you for introducing the Canton CT1000. I did some research and decided to get them. There is some Canton stuff on local sales sites every week (in Finland).
    But the CT1000 took almost two months.
    Found a white pair of CT1000/2. Had to drive 460 km tp get them. Price was reasonable 280 euros.

    Happy with them. But having problems with mids. One mid driver has bad coil rub. I could have both mids repaired later.
    Now using Dayton Audio SIG120-4 mid drivers. They fit well, even two original screws align. Compared to original mids these have more modern mid sound and technology.

    Crossovers
    Started recapping. Canton prints their own parts numbers on the circuit board. There is a big list on Audiokarma on respective caps and their parts numbers. My speakers have sequential serial numbers,
    but different brand of caps. Ordered new caps from German Visaton.

    Speaker terminals
    I replaced the original terminals with ones that take banana plugs. The plastic holder comes loose with heat gun. It is glued on the bottom of the routed hole. Some woodwork is needed to fit new terminals.

    Are these better than NS1000?? Time will tell. Anyway fun speakers with fantastic bass.
    I am a long time active NS1000 user...

    Listening equipment:
    Daphile streamer on mini-itx old Celeron processor
    USB to Sp/dif converter Douk Audio U2
    RME ADI-2 dac (the first ADI-2 from 2010)
    Electrocompaniet EC4 pre
    Genelec 1067A AB amplifier from about 1980.
    I hope you like them?
    There are some variants in crossover design and component brands. I've noticed this on posted pictures by owners.
    I still haven't opened mine up yet. When I do, I'll do a circuit diagram and measure the values if not stated on the parts. I'll check these against Canton parts lists and part numbers.
    The tweeter series caps don't look anything special on the photographs I've seen and is listed as a Polyester on one parts list. A good Polypropylene film or even a foil cap might do better here. Upgrade the internal wire as well while you have them appart.
    Cheers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •