Love the track of the week idea Andre!
Good track too!
Location: Lancaster(-ish), UK
Posts: 16,936
I'm ChrisB.
Love the track of the week idea Andre!
Good track too!
Location: Yorks
Posts: 16,643
I'm Nobody.
41? You are a very, very mad poppet
I doubt even hi-fi dave could compete with that! How many of them, though, do you use regularly?
Marco.
Main System
Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.
Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.
Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.
CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.
Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.
Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.
Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.
Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.
Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.
Well, if I include my main reference deck, the deck I use for playing singles, the deck I use when I'm reviewing and the deck I use as a spinning platter for record cleaning purposes, then I suppose the number of turntables in my collection that I use regluarly is....er....1.
But what the hell's that got to do with anything?!![]()
![]()
Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.
Any chance of a list???????
Mine are all the "wrong" ones -
TD125/R200
Technics SL-150/G707 (may be selling this soon and it DOES have great potential)
Dual 701 (seriously good still and I love it to bits)
1972 Beogram 3000 x 2 (one for bits)/SP14 or SP12
and coming soon..
Thorens 160 Super/SME 3009 II Fixed
and maybe a Spacedeck if I'm VERY lucky - that will be the end of this turntable journey for now..
I can't go on and I can't go back, I don't feel so matter of fact,
I tried and tried to make good sense, What's the good to try it all again?
Yes, absolutely -
ADC Accutrac +6
ADC Accutrac 4000
Aiwa D50 (with a tray front loader!)
Aiwa LP3000
Ariston RD80
Audio Technica Sound Burger
B&O Beogram 1202
B&O Beogram 1800
B&O Beogram 4002
B&O Beogram 5000
B&O Beogram 8000
B&O Beogram 8002
BSR Accuglide XR50
BSR Accuglide XR60
Empire 598
Garrard 301 (my main deck with Alphason HR-100S and Ortofon Kontrapunkt b)
Garrard 301 (with Decca FFSS arm and head - in a big walnut cabinet with Quad 22/II/AM2)
Garrard 401
Garrard AT6
Garrard BA1
Garrard GTD4 (shop display turntable, so maybe it doesn’t really count!)
Garrard Lab A
Garrard LAB80
Garrard Zero 100S
London Acoustical Developments EL80
London Acoustical Developments GAJ 835Mk2 twin deck (in a Sound Creations SC-909 DJ console)
London Acoustical Developments GAJ828
London Acoustical Developments GAJ942
Rational Audio Aura 01
Scandyna Dansk 1702
Sonab 65S
Sony Biotracer PSB80
Sony PS-Q7
Technics SL110
Technics SL1210Mk2
Technics SL-1960
Technics SL-3350
Vestax PVT-E2
Vestax PVT-E2 (another one – they were sold as a pair)
Zenith Autochanger of unknown model.
I don't think I've forgotten any......![]()
Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.
WOW![]()
Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?
Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously
Location: Cardiff, South Wales, UK
Posts: 315
I'm paul.
Andre, I had a DM 101 with an Ittok and Supex SD 900 all new and sounding superb with Camebridge A60 and Mission 770 mk2
Paul
Thorens TD 124, Thorens 12" Arm refurbished by Alfred, Shure M55, Denon 103r ,whest PS30R , Auditorium A23 Sony XA20 ES, Benchmark DAC 1 HDR, Elite Townsens 600c Pre,
DPA Enlightenment DAC, , , Radford STA 25 Series 3, Aurex ST S80 , Tannoy Monitor Golds 15" Tannoy York Enclosures, TEAC DS H01, Isotek Substation, Abbey Road Reference Speaker Cables
and some other stuff
Location: Yorks
Posts: 16,643
I'm Nobody.