+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 156

Thread: Super Tweeters - Fact or Flights of Fancy?

  1. #81
    Join Date: Mar 2009

    Location: Hemel Hempstead

    Posts: 1,074
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post



    Chris
    Cheers Matey, saved me finding my camera!
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  2. #82
    Join Date: Dec 2008

    Location: Yorks

    Posts: 16,643
    I'm Nobody.

    Default

    Go on then how much cutter mi bruvver ??

  3. #83
    Join Date: Mar 2009

    Location: Hemel Hempstead

    Posts: 1,074
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    They looked like they cost more than £200 when I had a mooch about tweb the other day!
    I'd love to give something like that a go! Maybe when money permits I should give it a try!!
    Yeah they cost me £390 for the pair inc. shipping and fortunately no customs charges.

    not cheap but as I say, they work well, are beautifully made and that's still a lot less than anything from Townshend or Tannoy.
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  4. #84
    Join Date: Dec 2008

    Location: Yorks

    Posts: 16,643
    I'm Nobody.

    Default

    Am i seeing things or does that say £180.00 ish quid

    http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%91%E3.../dp/B00009VMFU

  5. #85
    Join Date: Mar 2009

    Location: Sheffield, UK

    Posts: 1,307
    I'm Dave.

    Default

    I've been wondering about experimenting with super tweeters.
    I have a pair of Vifa units spare from an old project but the impedance is only 4 Ohms, so would that not be suitable in this application? I think THIS is the model.

    cheers.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

  6. #86
    Join Date: Jun 2009

    Location: Hove Actually

    Posts: 3,947
    I'm Imjustsurviving.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Am i seeing things or does that say £180.00 ish quid

    http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%91%E3.../dp/B00009VMFU
    Thats what it looks like to me as well
    Jon


    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.




    Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

  7. #87
    Join Date: Mar 2009

    Location: Hemel Hempstead

    Posts: 1,074
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Am i seeing things or does that say £180.00 ish quid

    http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%91%E3.../dp/B00009VMFU
    No you're correct but they are sold individually, not as pairs. I can confirm this from the fact that mine arrived individually boxed with a set of instructions in each. Weird but true...
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  8. #88
    Join Date: Dec 2008

    Location: Yorks

    Posts: 16,643
    I'm Nobody.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twelvebears View Post
    No you're correct but they are sold individually, not as pairs. I can confirm this from the fact that mine arrived individually boxed with a set of instructions in each. Weird but true...
    Bloody hell glad you told me that i've been sat here half an hour considering buying those from Amazon

  9. #89
    Join Date: Mar 2009

    Location: Hemel Hempstead

    Posts: 1,074
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Bloody hell glad you told me that i've been sat here half an hour considering buying those from Amazon
    Also worth noting that Amazon have country restrictions and won't ship outside Japan....
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  10. #90
    Join Date: Mar 2009

    Location: Hemel Hempstead

    Posts: 1,074
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Bloody hell glad you told me that i've been sat here half an hour considering buying those from Amazon
    They are lovely things though. Thought long and hard about whether to buy them and whether they'd be any good but I've not been disappointed.
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •