If anyone is interested, I have four Coles 4001G super tweeters I would be willing to sell.
I'll put some information in Private Exhibitions.
Regards
If anyone is interested, I have four Coles 4001G super tweeters I would be willing to sell.
I'll put some information in Private Exhibitions.
Regards
Barry
Location: Yorks
Posts: 16,643
I'm Nobody.
Are they black ones Barry?
At the mention of impedance my brain goes plop,bang,fizz.... What do I need to take into account when trying to wire somthing in with my pmc's - without breaking my amplificators?
CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra
15 ohms is fine Hamish.The higher the ohms,the easier the load on the amp.
So would barry's coles with one of these lpads satisfy my imediate interest in what these supertweetas do, or would the maplins one do better, or be more worth while as a experiment
crap, I realy do know fuck all sometimes with this hobby,
how much are these coles things worth?
CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra
Location: Yorks
Posts: 16,643
I'm Nobody.
Hi Andre,
The boxes are most definitely marked 4001L. I bought them from a hydrographical survey company many years ago, as part of a now abandoned project. I think they used them for echo sounders. They claimed the speakers were 15 Ohms. I have the data sheet somewhere, I'll look it out and will measure the DC resistance.
Regards
Barry
Location: Yorks
Posts: 16,643
I'm Nobody.
Never heard of the 'L' only 'G' (15-Ohm) & 'K' (7-Ohm)..Intresting
http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/vintageBC1.htm
Location: Yorks
Posts: 16,643
I'm Nobody.
Been brought to my attention that the 'L' may be a plastic faceplate version of the 'G'! I never thought about that.
Hamish they have a frequency range that will reach 35KHz