+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few bits of Tat i Own/Owned

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    The old Philips CD-104 can never be described as being ''Tat''. A lovely player, built like a Tank, 14 Bit D/A Conversion but sounds very nice indeed, at least all the six i own do!!

What is the old 'Radiogram'(?) under the blanket and what is the TV on top of it? Both look very interesting indeed (and very Valve!).

JC
    Agreed. Built so well that Philips made a loss on every one sold!

Problems can occur due to the high component density - unless the unit is given good ventilation, it can overheat.

Regards
    Barry

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Agreed. Built so well that Philips made a loss on every one sold!

Problems can occur due to the high component density - unless the unit is given good ventilation, it can overheat.

Regards
    The 104 based machines need a lot of work now..I've got my Mission '7000' player singing tho

I'm Joe.

The 104 used to work when i first got it but since being stored for a couple years seems to of developed a couple faults, cd draw wont open by its self and dosnt seem to like playing discs which is a shame, was going to ask on here about it at somepoint!

The radiogram is a Stella one, came with varius spare new cartridges and old records, i started to strip to to rewire it and never finished it need to look out the parts for it,

Also the TV was also a Stella one, was in a bad way with lots of internals missing, gave it away in the end to a photographer to use as a prop as was beyond repair

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    The 104 used to work when i first got it but since being stored for a couple years seems to of developed a couple faults, cd draw wont open by its self and dosnt seem to like playing discs which is a shame, was going to ask on here about it at somepoint!
    Tactile type switch on a PCB at the back of the drawer, one micro on the side of the tray mech check them, infact change em..also you wanna new belt (40mm sq section it think it is)

I'm James.

And the non-playing fault will be the ''Griplets'' or ''print-through's'' (rivets connecting one side of the PCB to the other.)

All must be done (and there's a few, easy to miss some). These can cause all sorts of problems, no sound, skipping and no playback.

Worth doing, they are great machines.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    And the non-playing fault will be the ''Griplets'' or ''print-through's'' (rivets connecting one side of the PCB to the other.)

All must be done (and there's a few, easy to miss some). These can cause all sorts of problems, no sound, skipping and no playback.

Worth doing, they are great machines.
    Agree about the 'rivets'. I had to have them 'done' on my 104. Should have mentioned it before, though the problem is exacerbated by poor ventilation of the player.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12