+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghost in the machine

I'm Nobody.

Default Ghost in the machine

Wifey switched on the Telly today, even though she is totally oblivious to it i can see a very faint Sky planner menu through the picture she's watching, it's very very faint & can only see it on dark pictures but it's deffo there! Anyone any idea's?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

What's the telly Andre?

I'm Nobody.

It's Samsung LCD..I thought these new tellies had degauss on power up?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Happens on our LCD too, if the Sky has been on pause for a while. Goes away after a bit.

I'm Nobody.

Thank ali i'll have a look see if it's gone in the morning.

Degauss is not relevant to LCD's or Plasma. You are seeing retention which even LCD screens can suffer if a static image is left on long enough. Avoid the planner for 30mins or so and use a Dynamic picture mode and it should clear.
    Paul

Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio RX6 GW,Monitor audio RX centre GW,Monitor Audio BFX rears, REL QUAKE,Arcam CD73t CD ,Russ Andrews Yello mains cabling & PBJ interconnects,Sterling Black Mamba speaker cable.

I'm David.

Is it just there on the sky boxes av input on the tv or is it there on all av inputs?

I have some very odd things happen with my tv...
    For eg, if you switch the tv to hdmi1 with the hdmi cable touching the rf cable, when you switch back to tv the signal is highly diminished ... To get it back you have to take the rf cable out of the tv and reconnect it in such a way it's not in contact with the hdmi cable ...

Bacically it's my experience that tvs can do odd things and that it might be some sort of image retention ... But it might be a lot of other things

My first port of call would be to disconnect the cables on the back of the tv an connect them again ...

Don't bundle them together with cable ties - it looks messier but it's always an advantage in some way to the picture

When sky is installed they always connect the sky box to the tv aerial ... I'm yet to find a reason for them doing this - apart from for sending the sky picture via rf round the house - if you don't do that, then disconect the aerial from the sky box (if anyone wants to correct me on this I'm all ears by the way)
    Also If you do use the rf atenuator to send sky round the house, but don't watch terrestrial tv on the tv in question, try removing the fly lead between the sky box and tv ...

My first guess is def a cabling or rf interference issue...
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    My first guess is def a cabling or rf interference issue...
    I'd go along with that, it sounds similar to co-channel interference or RF break through from another channel
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm David.

We get people with issues like this all the time in the shop
    First port of call is always cable quality ... And it's more often then not the solution ... And as I said, not always new cables, just changing the way they interact with each other ...
    Thankfully these days with hdmi issues come up less often ... But I don't care what anyone says ... Even if it is an BBC report on "rip off cables" different hdmi cables do make a difference ... And not even a subjective one ime
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm inthescottishmafia.

We've got a Tosh 42" LCD and this kind of thing happens often and it's not down to interference. I'm using a MG HDMI cable so I don't think cable quality is an issue. There is no analogue cable to the Sky box or telly. We get excactly the syptoms Andre described if the telly is left on pause for a while. Fades away after a while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast