+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How loud can you play music

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

I'm also lucky i guess as i live in a victorian detached house, though strangely everywhere i have lived has been detached

I could play music day or night at any level that pleases me or makes me go deaf if i wanted. The bay window appears to be strangely filled in (for projector use as it's an AV room) & along with a double thickness brick wall not a lot of sound manages to escape

At ear splitting levels it can just about be heard at the front gate (12ft from the front door), as for the neighbours they'd never hear a thing
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

MartinT Guest

My house is a modern detached and it benefits from very good heat insulation, the by-product of which is good sound insulation. Even so, I don't play at ear-bleeding levels and turn the volume down after 11pm despite it not being that loud when I step outside to test it. I am very happy with my freedom to play at the volumes I like

A far cry from my early days in a flat in King's Cross when I could hear every neighbour around me, mostly loud conversation, shouting or the occasional plate throwing. I only had to put music on and someone below me would start pounding his ceiling with a broom handle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234