+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: Me and the 1210 are gunna have us some me time....

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Hi, did you swap over to spiked feet from the Isonoe feet?
    Yes Andy

I noticed a massive difference going to spikes but it was mainly when it was mounted on the bamboo board. Everything became very pin point. Instruments were very individual and the music was just so different for the better than the isonoes. Since the platter upgrade I felt it sounded better with isonoes back on as the bass with the spikes was very over exaggerated. Obviously with the MN platter been a more solid material than the standard one it was transferring sound differently.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    Yes Andy

I noticed a massive difference going to spikes but it was mainly when it was mounted on the bamboo board. Everything became very pin point. Instruments were very individual and the music was just so different for the better than the isonoes. Since the platter upgrade I felt it sounded better with isonoes back on as the bass with the spikes was very over exaggerated. Obviously with the MN platter been a more solid material than the standard one it was transferring sound differently.
    Your findings mirror my own, nice! Perhaps I should try some spikes under the 1210 and see if two lots of spikes works better than one set of isonoe's and the bamboo board ?!?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

8 months since my last update to the 1210 development. My word, time flies. The 1210 has been in a state of stasis and rightly so! I think the deck sounds bloody great but I think that I may have stumbled upon a very simple and effective way of getting a little but more from the platter mat that I use. I've already documented the tweak elsewhere on the forum but I shall be comparing a few tunes and writing up a mini report in this thread as it's the decks main blog.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

It's been a little while since I concentrated on the 1210. So, I thought I'd share a couple of very cheap tweaks which lifted the performance of this deck even further. Firstly I decided to make a set of ebony footers for my isonoe feet what a difference. I'd tried the recommended Sorbothane under the Isonoe's before and noted a complete lifeless sucky music effect. I had a little time on my hands early in December and had made a set of four with the intention of experimenting over the Xmas holidays. All I can say is that these coupled alongside the SPH SSS mat have improved the 1210's performance to a higher level.
    The ebony footers (in my system) are a no brainer, I have now noted an improvement every time that I have used Ebony, be it with my 1210 or in the tonearm mount that I made for my Lenco L75. The effects of the SPH SSS have already been documented elsewhere as a separate review.

ebony.jpg1210.jpg
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm John.

Hats off to the inquisitive mind, and willingness to experiment.
    On further investigation, it is not a big outlay to follow on with this concept.

The wood in the link, is off a decent dimension to create a similar foot to the one produced.
    It may be able to be cut into two pieces to make two feet, or why stop there, as it could be used as a Sandwiched Material, allowing for further investigations into the effect it can have on a Decks replay.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FSC-100-A...0Wow:rk:4:pf:0

I'm Andrew.

Well it had to happen. The Cadenza black is going for a holiday to Holland!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Robert.

Well it had to happen. The Cadenza black is going for a holiday to Holland!
    Wise move Andy and a no brainer at the cost and for what you get.

Takes vinyl replay to a whole next level - you'll love it, the forensic insight, everything, no stone left un-turned in terms of vinyl groove, recorded music extraction, presented, revealed and laid bare

Take special care with set-up though, like the Shibata profile the FGS requires you pay extra good attention to set-up, but it'll be more than worth it

Let me know / pm when it lands. Happy to share a few 'tips' in regard to said set-up
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Andrew.

I'm pretty much hamstrung Rob as I'll be using the SME V so geometry is fixed head. I have had to buy a new set of mounting tools to get the arm properly aligned.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Robert.

I'm pretty much hamstrung Rob as I'll be using the SME V so geometry is fixed head. I have had to buy a new set of mounting tools to get the arm properly aligned.
    Ah, ok Andy, do what you have to, shout when ya feel
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Andrew.

The Cadenza Black is now being modded as we speak, should be back in 10 days.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast