+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Me and the 1210 are gunna have us some me time....

I'm Andrew.

To get back onto topic! I've started designing the sorbothane "bath" for the PCB. I've stripped the PCB and I've cut the Sorbothane to match the footprint of the PCB. Tomorrow I'll dismantle my 1210 fully and see where or how or if the idea of a "bath" can be applied to the PCB, I'll have to see how the Mike New modifications impact on my idea! I'll also modify the Timestep earthing as well whilst I'm there.

I'm David.

What is the point in suspending a PCB on a piece of soborthane dude, not being funny just can't see the point? Surely some decent cable for the PSU and new mains lead for it also and a fuse would work wonders?

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    What is the point in suspending a PCB on a piece of soborthane dude, not being funny just can't see the point?
    So you have never heard of microphony then David?

On top of that there is thermal distortion just to add for good measure
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm David.

I know all about it guys but where does it all end? Just getting settled into some serious vinyl replay and boom, something else to consider.

It ends when you just can't be bothered taking it any further i'm afraid

Sorry David, i agree lets just enjoy the music... However if the body & mind is willing then why not
    Bests, Mark

I'm David.

If I had your system I would be spending ALL my time listening to music, well almost, but suppose you get bored too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    If I had your system I would be spending ALL my time listening to music, well almost, but suppose you get bored too!
    No-one on here has the faintest clue how my system actually sounds, i mean it really could be a pile of kaka. I'm fairly sure it isn't having heard a good few systems.

But yes, at the end of the day there is always more that can be done & i'm going to do some it within the next week

Then i guess not a lot will change if anything except for the speakers for a year or so. After that it all depends on how fast i can do DIY power amps from the ground up

I'm very happy right now though tbh, i'm hoping in a week i'll be grinning like the Cheshire Cat

This has been a 30 year oddysey though at the end of the day...

ATB David.
    Bests, Mark

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    So you have never heard of microphony then David?

On top of that there is thermal distortion just to add for good measure
    YEP thats what I'm using the Sorbothane for microphony. The thermal distortion is something that I might have to consider but I think that there should be plenty of space between the PCB and sorbothane as I'm only intending using the sorbothane in intrinsic base of the TT. I've rectified the timestep earthing and cleaned all my interconnects. Cant say I noticed that much difference, if anything whilst playing vinyl but I did notice the TT is now silent with sign of any hum. I turned my ATC 50 ASL's upto 3/4 volume, no hum was apparent only noise I heard was the faint hiss of the speaker drivers. The sorbothane "bath" design continues. Will keep you all posted.

I'm Andrew.

Silver interconnects made up today. Will now start to compare these against my Valhalla interconnects on the 1210. Adjust+ not arrived yet so cant do the fine tuning to the V.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Silver interconnects made up today. Will now start to compare these against my Valhalla interconnects on the 1210. Adjust+ not arrived yet so cant do the fine tuning to the V.
    home made interconnects against valhalla, that will be an eye opener, mind you I tested a home brew mains lead against a brahma and mine beat it convincingly so maybe you have found a niche, start selling them!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast