+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Me and the 1210 are gunna have us some me time....

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    The Cadenza Black is now being modded as we speak, should be back in 10 days.
    Hey hey hey !!
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Andrew.

Yep should be fun. My Cadenza black is 8 years old! It's never been retipped so should sound excellent. Apparently the cart was in excellent condition.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Robert.

Yep should be fun. My Cadenza black is 8 years old! It's never been retipped so should sound excellent. Apparently the cart was in excellent condition.
    Thats good, how often did you use it ? I know you have other carts. I always only use/have one cart.
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Andrew.

Well less and less over the last year or two TBH. I got into idlers, jazz, valves, Tannoy speakers, SPU's and weird Jap carts! I knew something was wrong when I heard more detail from my Shure M55e+JICO neoSAS stylus combo than the Cadenza Black .
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Robert.

Well less and less over the last year or two TBH. I got into idlers, jazz, valves, Tannoy speakers, SPU's and weird Jap carts! I knew something was wrong when I heard more detail from my Shure M55e+JICO neoSAS stylus combo than the Cadenza Black .
    Ha ha ! The Cadenza B with its Shibata is a very detailed cart in my experience, you sure you had it set up optimally ? ie: in that sweet-spot I know these and all carts with more sophisticated profiles, Shibata, Micro Line, Replicant, Fritz Gyger S tend to have, again in my experience...
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Andrew.

Yep it was as good as I could get it. You have to remember that the tip was knackered, it was 8 years old!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

The Ortofon Cadenza black has been modded and passed all its test. It's got a new FGS profile diamond, had a bloody good clean and an upgraded damping system, the very same used in Ortofons most expensive carts. It should be home in 10 days. Lonely 1210 can't wait for it's mate.

SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Robert.

We'll chat when you have it on board and get some time with it
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    We'll chat when you have it on board and get some time with it
    OK!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

Right! The 1210 has had some more trials and tribulations. I managed to snap a cartridge tag which I also managed to repair, very lucky! The Cadenza Black is back with the Fritz Geiger diamond fitted and it's very good indeed. It's ruthless and has to be extremely well setup. I fell into the trap of having the SME V VTA set a little too high only to be greeted with fantastic imaging and the best ever detail retrieval I've experienced but at a loss of bass attack and impact . The FGS is very sensitive to surface noise so records have to be extremely clean to limit surface noise. I've been experimenting today with VTA and bass attack and impact has returned which was a big relief. So far it's been a no brainer. Speed, attack, soundstage, data retrieval have all moved up a notch. I'd say I'm about 80-90% their with correct setup. Still tweaking with anti-skate and tracking force values. The deck is performing better than it ever has but I think their is more to come. I'm still in the break in period so I'll hopefully see "more" of everything at the 50-100 hour period, so far less than 6 hours on the cartridge!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738