+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Usher Dancer Be-20

MartinT Guest

Default Usher Dancer Be-20

I've just taken delivery of these fantastic speakers and would love to wax lyrical about them. Is anyone interested?

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

Of course,everybody's always interested.

Well I am.

But I'm pished.

Too much
    ATB

David

Default Please do!

Start waxing away! I heard the Be-10's and Really love them. They are a hell of a value IMO. My dealer bought a pair of Be-20's shortly after I purchased my Tiny Dancers from him. He and I are thrilled with our speakers to say the least.

Cheers!

leo is offline Circuit Junkie & DIY Room Forum Leader

I got a pair of the tinydancer BE718's, would have liked the BE-20's but too big for this room
    Last edited by leo; 11-08-2008 at 00:52.

I've heard a couple of pairs of Usher speakers. They are rather nice.

I'm gone.

At any Show that has them, the Usher room is always one of my faves - always musical and un-hyped - & don't forget to post some nice pics as well!

MartinT Guest

The Ushers were installed by three men representing the dealer (Audio Affair) and importer (Hi-Audio). They are large and physically imposing speakers and very heavy. However, they don't look as big once in position due to their swept-back design and narrow frontal aspect.

The finish is superb and the bases very sturdy with large brass adjustable cones. There is a compartment behind the name plate which can be filled with lead shot ballast for even tighter bass.

They replaced my previous JM Lab Mezzo Utopia and REL Studio II combination. The first thing I ascertained is that the REL subwoofer is completely superfluous so I disconnected it and took it out of the room. The bass depth and power from the Be-20 is quite amazing.

The manual says that I need to get about 200 hours onto the speakers to fully run them in. I am also using new Kimber link cables (replacing the supplied link bars) since I use a single main cable run of Kimber Select 3035 and the Ushers have split crossovers. I certainly heard a big improvement in the first 24 hours as the speakers acclimatised and the drivers loosened up.

First impressions: very clean, transparent, tonally neutral sound. Fantastic retrieval of detail. Wonderful portrayal of the soundstage with better imaging and focus than the Mezzos. They don't sound big but the underlying structure to the music is formidable. The sense of occasion in, say, a big piano concerto is amazing with the piano sounding very lifelike and a wealth of tiny cues putting you there with the musicians. Organ has terrifying power and can easily load up the room while the Chord and Ushers hardly break into a sweat.

I am, as you can read, very impressed and excited at my purchase. I wish I wasn't at work now and look forward to going home to dig out more favoured and rarely played CDs. I have heard something new on everything I've played so far.

Photos to come...

MartinT Guest

I'm Howard.

Usher? Most interesting. Maybe I should take a look? Any idea who is representing these in London? Thanks.

Howard

---//---
    Well, hello.

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Popeck (Stereonow) View Post
    Any idea who is representing these in London?
    Howard, as far as I know there is no-one. That is why I had to travel up to Birmingham (Audio Affair) to listen to them and buy them. The importer is Hi-Audio:
    http://www.hiaudio.co.uk/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast