+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

I'm Cliff.

Smile Hello

Just registered after much lurking and wanted to say Hi.

I am Cliff, a Leo, from Montana in the US, and I enjoy quiet walks in the park and Sunday breakfast...ooops. That is for another site.

Anyway, I recently got on the Technics TT and Denon cart. bandwagon due in quite a large degree to the goings-on here. Just read something posted by Marco that inspired me to post a response--so here I am.

I am into tubes, vinyl, and alnico gear-wise, and records music-wise.

Thanks for a great site!

my system currently:
    Technics SL-1200 mk2
    Denon 103sa
    Oppo BDP-83se
    EAR 834p
    Shindo Apetite
    A23 Solovox
    A23 cables
    Lingo Lab stand

I'm ChrisB.

Hi Cliff - welcome to The Art of Sound.
    I love your part of the world, I took my family on a trip to Montana a few years ago. We dipped into Idaho, Alberta, Saskatchewan & Wyoming too, but it was probably the best of many trips we've made to your country. I drove a lot of miles though!

What type of music do you listen to on your system?

I'm Cliff.

Hi Chris and thanks for the welcome.

I really do want to applaud all of you for such a wonderful and very helpful, at least to me, forum. I enjoy it.

And I am glad you enjoyed our little slice of heaven here in Montana. My family and I only recently moved here, so we are still discovering all that there is to do and see. But we just love it. We live just outside of Kalispell in Western MT near Glacier Park, where we have a great view of Flathead Lake, lots of deer, and quite a bit of snow. Funny place for a guy and gal from Florida to end up.

I am still mainly hooked on rock music records, from the 60's, 70's and 80's.
    I mix in some blues and a little jazz and some stuff on digital like Bjork.
    But my biggest thrills and treasures are still the original pressings of favorite artists I find and own on vinyl, many and the best of which seem to be the original UK pressings.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Hi Cliff, welcome to AoS I'm sure you'll enjoy the site a lot more now that you are actually getting involved in it Get stuck in...

Sounds like a nice area you are living in!

All the best & i hope you enjoy your stay
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

MartinT Guest

Hello Cliff and welcome. There are plenty of us Technics users here so dip in and ask away. Are you using the 103SA in the standard arm? How is that working for you?

I used to have an EAR834P, lovely phono stage that always delivered good sound.

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post

We live just outside of Kalispell in Western MT near Glacier Park, where we have a great view of Flathead Lake, lots of deer, and quite a bit of snow.
    You might just recognise the place in this photo, in that case!

I'm Cliff.

Hi Martin,

I have found the Denon 103sa to sound remarkably good in my completely stock Technics tonearm, once I got the vta right or at least as right as I could get it.

Does it sound like it could be better? Sure. But I am trying hard to be patient with the process of upgrading the table and just enjoy the ride.

I am thinking maybe that I have here a web of sympathetic colorations interacting in my system to produce a remarkably acceptable sound from my Technics table which is still stock except for brass cones in place of stock feet and the aftermarket Herbies' mat, which I use on top of my 1/4 inch thick KAB rubber(?) mat-- for now.

I am studying the many pertinent threads here dutifully as I try to decide which upgrade paths to take next.

The EAR is great, I think. This is my second one. But I do look forward to going the A23 SUT route eventually.

Cheers,
    Cliff

I'm Cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    You might just recognise the place in this photo, in that case!
    Hi Chris,

That is a great photograph, especially the capture of light.
    Glacier Park is a beautiful place. Despite my complete lack of photography skills, I was able to take what were easily the best photos I have ever produced just by pointing and shooting when I was there with my children.

I saw some pics posted somewhere here of Ireland and other UK environs that really reignited my desire to see your beautiful island(s)(One had a cute little lamb in it). My wife and daughter have already been. Hopefully they will let me come along next time.

If I can snap a good pick of Flathead lake, I think I will use it as my Avatar.

+ Reply to Thread