+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Name your fav local independent record shops!

I'm Neil.

Heres a list of shops + links UK wide

http://www.recordstoreday.com/Venues...ited%20Kingdom

Regards D S D L

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    I have and there was nothing there last time I tried.

Good Vibrations still has no dedicated website...there is a history site etc but nothing contemporary. However Dragon Records now does have something here http://dragonrecordsbelfast.blogspot.com/
    Nice one - cheers! Be honest though, how often have you used these shops in comparison with how much of your music is bought on-line....?

Do you think we've all become a bit lazy in our shopping habits since the advent of the Internet?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Heres a list of shops + links UK wide

http://www.recordstoreday.com/Venues...ited%20Kingdom
    Now that's very useful, Neil - cheers. Martin, looks like there's a few more shops not too far away from you!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nice one - cheers! Be honest though, how often have you used these shops in comparison with how much of your music is bought on-line....?

Do you think we've all become a bit lazy in our shopping habits since the advent of the Internet?

Marco.
    I mainly buy from bricks and mortar shops. I only buy online stuff I know I will never see in a shop, old items, deletions, collectables etc

From Head lots of stuff recently, Dragon Records a Porcupine Tree Cd a few weeks ago and once or twice a year I buy loads of stuff from most of the record shops I mention in my Scotland article.

Yes

Regards D S D L

Respect then, Neil!

Probe and Diverse Vinyl get the bulk of my business. I do think folk have become lazy, though, since the advent of the Internet, and so whilst great independent shops exist in their vicinity, most people are completely oblivious to them, or ignore them because they can't be arsed with the 'inconvenience' of getting there....

My view is if something is important enough to you, then you'll find the time to do it!!

It's the same when Del and I shun using supermarkets in favour of independent butchers, fishmongers, etc. Trouble is, folk these days have become slaves to convenience because they're too busy running around like headless chickens with no time to themselves, so everything has to be done quick, quick, quick...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Respect then, Neil!

Probe and Diverse Vinyl get the bulk of my business. I do think folk have become lazy, though, since the advent of the Internet, and so whilst great independent shops exist in their vicinity, most people are completely oblivious to them, or ignore them because they can't be arsed with the 'inconvenience' of getting there....

My view is if something is important enough to you, then you'll find the time to do it!!

It's the same when Del and I shun using supermarkets in favour of independent butchers, fishmongers, etc. Trouble is, folk these days have become slaves to convenience because they're too busy running around like headless chickens with no time to themselves, so everything has to be done quick, quick, quick...

Marco.
    I agree 100% with you.

Regards D S D L

I'm Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    For those in the North Staffs/South Cheshire region I would recommend 'Rubber Soul Records' in Hide Street, Stoke Upon Trent. Massive stock of vinyl, some of it stupidly cheap, and 20% off for students.
    I lived in Sandbach in Cheshire in the 60s/early 70s where there was a record shop called Kaths the shop was amazing, boxes on boxes of LPs to browse through I spent hours in there. I doubt Macca will be aware of a record shop in Glebe Street Stoke again in the sixties I cannot remember the name but I spent many a happy hour in there (and the Bridge Pub) when I was a student during lunch breaks. I will look up Rubber Soul Records when I am next in Stoke.
    I now trawl through all the Charity Shops looking for bargains.

I'm Barry.

Probe Records in Liverpool.
    Its only small but well run.
    btw its moved from Slater Street to School Lane (behind Primark and NEXT)

Hi Barry,

I know it well

Don't forget to include a link to the website!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm john.

Europa Music in Stirling is all I have nearby....
    John.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast