+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Name your fav local independent record shops!

I'm neil.

Keswick Collectables - not just records but all kind of stuff
    Not my local now but used to be
    Always worth a visit when your in the Lakes and the weathers not so good - always worth a visit anyway! I have found many a Gem there

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by enrae8 View Post
    Keswick Collectables - not just records but all kind of stuff
    Not my local now but used to be
    Always worth a visit when your in the Lakes and the weathers not so good - always worth a visit anyway! I have found many a Gem there
    Wish I knew about that place when I was there a few weeks ago.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm neil.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Wish I knew about that place when I was there a few weeks ago.
    Well worth a return visit - the Lakes are a bonus too!

I'm Robin.

Well worth a return visit - the Lakes are a bonus too!
    If we head back down, I’ll certainly look into finding the shop
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm neil.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    If we head back down, I’ll certainly look into finding the shop
    Easy to find - about 30yards up from the George and Dragon on the right hand side as you head towards the Cinema
    It looks like an Antiques and Curios shop with a few records outside - very good section Full of vinyl at the back - they have a shop in Carlisle where they sell the bulk of stuff but keep the real goodies for Keswick
    I became a bit of a regular and was let into the basement once where they had 3000 albums!!
    Must visit myself - soon !

I'm Robin.

Easy to find - about 30yards up from the George and Dragon on the right hand side as you head towards the Cinema
    It looks like an Antiques and Curios shop with a few records outside - very good section Full of vinyl at the back - they have a shop in Carlisle where they sell the bulk of stuff but keep the real goodies for Keswick
    I became a bit of a regular and was let into the basement once where they had 3000 albums!!
    Must visit myself - soon !
    Good to know Neil, cheers
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Unhappy Applestump Records, Nantwich: IT'S NOT JUST A RECORD SHOP, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE.

I visited the charming old town of Nantwich on Saturday to visit some friends and to check out a new record shop I'd been told about, where I had the pleasure of meeting the owner, Steven. The shop is tucked away around the back of the main shopping precinct, but still bang in the middle of town, with ample parking nearby (Love Lane is nearest). Quirky in style, originally part of an old farmhouse (and latterly a solicitor's office), the building oozes olde-worlde charm and character,

Initially, I couldn't find the shop, but a quick call, enquiring about its exact whereabouts, resulted in Steven popping out with his brolly (as it was a rather wet day) and meeting me where I'd told him I was, only seconds away, and accompanying me to the shop, whereupon I was offered a rather welcome soft drink (tea and coffee were also available), whilst I browsed the available titles.

For a small shop, it sells a wide selection of music, with classic rock/indie albums, jazz, blues and electronica (among others), which will appeal to a wide array of enthusiasts, as well as featuring some more eclectic styles of music from lesser-known and up and coming artists. I intend on doing some more research on the latter and buying some of it on my next visit!

However, on this occasion I walked out with the following:

Prices are very fair, for new vinyl, and Steven is knowledgeable and eager to help. You can also listen to music on the shop's own system.

Some pics:

Applestump Records is everything an independent record shop should be, and the shop's relaxed and friendly vibe makes it a great place to visit for all fans of vinyl records, and just the kind of place we like to support on AoS. As such, it comes highly recommended!

You can order online here:

https://www.applestumprecords.com/

Or come and visit Steven at the shop:

Applestump Records
    12 Barker Street
    Nantwich
    Cheshire
    CW5 5SY.

Opening Hours:

Wednesday 6pm - 9pm
    Friday 6pm - 9pm
    Saturday: 9am - 6pm
    Sunday: 11am - 4pm.

Email: shop@applestumprecords.com

Phone: 07590 402758.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

strange opening hours, I guess he also has a full-time job.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Yeah, I'd say that was definite. It would be difficult earning a proper living from such a small business. I suspect it's his hobby/passion. Plus, I guess that most of his sales will come from his online shop

Cool place though, with an interesting selection of music. Only 35 mins from me, too!

The 'What's On Your Record Player' section, containing new (to me and untried) stuff is one I want to explore.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I think this will be my next purchase: https://www.applestumprecords.com/pr...with-happiness

Check it out here: https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb...EdfNz7FyJor-l8

Probably not your thang - but I LURVES it!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast