+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Universal remote

I'm invisible.

Default Universal remote

Any suggestions. Mainly for use with DVD and TV.
    If only it was that simple

Main System :
    Quad II/40 amps, Music First passive pre, Tannoy Stirling SE speakers, Technics 1200 + RB301, V-LPS, digital streaming from Mac mini via Lifatec Toslink to Moon 300D. Meier Corda Arietta headphone amp, Sennheiser HD650 Phones. Mark Grant i/c cables. Speaker cables, Audioquest Rocket 44 BiWire.

Ray.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

How much do you want to spend Ray? Logitech Harmony range are always highly regarded, but I went for a Philips Prestigo SRU8015 'cos it looked a bit nicer and has a (teeny) colour screen - £69 on Amazon - some mixed user reviews on there but I'm happy with it.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm invisible.

I'll go to 100. Had a look at the logitech ones and they look very good. But, as always, the ones I liked are wayyyyy too expensive... So I'll have to tone down a little.
    If only it was that simple

Main System :
    Quad II/40 amps, Music First passive pre, Tannoy Stirling SE speakers, Technics 1200 + RB301, V-LPS, digital streaming from Mac mini via Lifatec Toslink to Moon 300D. Meier Corda Arietta headphone amp, Sennheiser HD650 Phones. Mark Grant i/c cables. Speaker cables, Audioquest Rocket 44 BiWire.

Ray.

I'm Mike.

How about a 6 year old child, you just tell um what to turn on / up and they do it plus they're a leaning remote, so the longer you have em the better they get, mine can even make a half decent cuppa now

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm David.

Default Universal remote

Got one from the poundshop,works my cd94 fine,also pioneer cd player.
    Dave.
    Don't need any Tannoys - I've got the best. All cables supplied by pound shop or better.
    Cheatfinder General.

I'm Bernie.

I have a Logitech Harmony 555 and it is brilliant. Replaced half a dozen remotes with one and is very easy to program. Most hardware profiles are already available online for loading and configuration. I couldn't live without it now. Best bit of kit I have bought in a long time.
    Bernie.

I'm Doug.

Occasionally, if you are very lucky, you can get Harmony remotes very cheaply. If you only need no more than 4 item control, look out for the 300, one of which I bought on Play.com for a tenner. At that price, it is a good option and sturdily built, better than many supplied by manufacturer controllers.

I'm Greg.

+1 for the logitech300. AU $10 (7pounds??) at ALDI supermarket last week. Never had one before, plugged it into the Mac, accessed the website, input the brands for the bluray, tv and pvr and i now have just about all the functions i use available on one remote. Wasn't optimistic about it initially but thought I couldn't pass it up for 10 dollars. It really is simple to use
    Greg.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Thats AU dollars as well, even better value
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm john.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast