+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Task At Hand

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Default The Task At Hand

2010's "no choice/must do" project was to somehow shrink "The Old Room", partially seen below, down to a system that would fit in my living room. Everything had to go. I would say I didn't cry; but, I think I did...

Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm drunk.

I'm Neil.

Wow, wow, wow

I would try and find away of keeping as much of that as I could.

My upstairs listening room sometimes looks like that.....only in my case its tuners and reel to reel machines.

Got any nice tuners ?

Regards D S D L

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

I'm seeing things surely

2 x Pioneer CTF 1250 & 1 x Pioneer CTF 950

Seeing that just reminded me i need to put my own CTF 950 into the rack as well

Lovely collection of equipment you have there
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Wow, wow, wow

I would try and find away of keeping as much of that as I could.

My upstairs listening room sometimes looks like that.....only in my case its tuners and reel to reel machines.

Got any nice tuners ?

Regards D S D L
    Oh, I'm certainly keeping everything. I just can't have nearly as much gear "at the ready" anymore. [I've seen some of your gear pics. "Salivating" is the word that comes to mind.] Unfortunately, I do not have any nice tuners, just black box stuff. There were only two good NPR stations in this area: one classical, one jazz. The bad economy forced the jazz station to become part talk radio. Having a great tuner would probably add insult to injury for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    I'm seeing things surely

2 x Pioneer CTF 1250 & 1 x Pioneer CTF 950

Seeing that just reminded me i need to put my own CTF 950 into the rack as well

Lovely collection of equipment you have there
    Thanks. I wish I had a CT-F950 (maybe two)! That's actually a 900. It still sounds quite nice, though. If you've got the space, I would certainly put the 950 back in rotation!!
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

Quote Originally Posted by WOStantonCS100 View Post
    Thanks. I wish I had a CT-F950 (maybe two)! That's actually a 900. It still sounds quite nice, though. If you've got the space, I would certainly put the 950 back in rotation!!
    I soon will have & yes it'll definately be going back in the rack

Never heard of the 900, it looks virtually identical to the 950 from what i can see of it. Lovely machine the 950 is, sounds like a decent CD spinner

You have a lot of kit there & some lovely stuff to! Very nice indeed, it must have taken a while to gather those cassette decks up. I was lucky with both my good cassette decks, the 950 i found in a secondhand shop & snatched the blokes hand off at £40, an Akai (also three head & dual capstan) i found at a boot sale & paid i believe 50p
    Bests, Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    I soon will have & yes it'll definately be going back in the rack

Never heard of the 900, it looks virtually identical to the 950 from what i can see of it. Lovely machine the 950 is, sounds like a decent CD spinner

You have a lot of kit there & some lovely stuff to! Very nice indeed, it must have taken a while to gather those cassette decks up. I was lucky with both my good cassette decks, the 950 i found in a secondhand shop & snatched the blokes hand off at £40, an Akai (also three head & dual capstan) i found at a boot sale & paid i believe 50p
    Nice grabs. I didn't pay a whole lot for any of the gear I have, either. I guess it wasn't fashionable, then. Oh, well... Most of the gear has spent sometime on my workbench to bring it around; well worth the effort. I'll have to check out some pics of your gear.

Regarding the 900: From what I've read, it wasn't manufactured for very long, perhaps a year or so before they went quartz-controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by WOStantonCS100 View Post
    I'll have to check out some pics of your gear.

Regarding the 900: From what I've read, it wasn't manufactured for very long, perhaps a year or so before they went quartz-controlled.
    A lot will be changing starting from tomorrow now i have cables that are long enough, just got robbed by the UK governbent over import VAT, should have been a few quid, maybe three - but i got charged over £6. However is it worth the hassle trying to sort it out? In the end it'll cost you more Once i receive a few american style plugs from Hong Kong it'll change a bit more & i'll have to strip the whole rack out to bring things up to where i want

Long story, but i'm sure you'll see it sooner or later
    Bests, Mark

Default A giant leap forward

The Trans-Fi T3 Pro in situ on my second (and well loved by a previous owner) SL-1200MK2 using an Origin Live/Rega armboard. I am really liking this. I'm going to be up late tonight!

Now, I'm just waiting on an alternate weight from Vic (a top notch guy!) so I can use my recently received SoundSmith ruby-ized Stanton Trackmaster. What fun this is... ...and the sound!

I'm Nick.

I missed this first time round. You have a lovely collection of gear there Biff. Excellent taste in tape playback equipment - cassette and open reel!

I hope you can find room to keep at least one tape deck and one reel to reel in your main system!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast