+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi, nice to find this forum

I'm Clark.

Default Hi, nice to find this forum

I'm Andy.
    I've had an eclectic mix of kit over the years but have now decided to slow down the changes as I'm very content with my current setup below

TT's: EMT 930st, EMT 938 & Garrard 401
    Speakers: JBL Array 1400, BTH K10A & Celestion SL6
    CD / SACD: Pioneer PD-D9-J & Sony PS1
    Pre: Toft LBPA5, Neumann W444STA & BTH A1A
    Power: DPA OS51 SE PE1/100, MF 550k & BTH A1A
    Tuner: Sansui TU-517
    RTR: Pioneer RT-707
    Cassette: Nakamichi 600
    CD Matching: Western Electric 119C tranformers & MF X-10v3

I mostly play vinyl but I must admit I have been smitten by SACD.

I'm Andy.

Welcome aboard fellow Andy- some very nice kit there!
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Keith.

Welcome Andy.
    Great list of kit. What sorts of music get a spin on it?
    Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Andy

Another lover of vintage equipment and EMT to boot - you should feel right at home here.

What sort of music do you like to listen to?

Regards
    Barry

I'm Clark.

Hi,
    Music is mostly classical but I have rock, jazz, funk, soul etc too.

Pic below is of my BTH A1A stereo amp. Has matching pre too. Much better than any of the Leak amps I have owned.

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Hello Andy, nice se amp you have there looks like solid state rectifier as well, i know this manufacture for making magnetos but i have not heard their amps, very Leak looking
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
    Hello Andy, nice se amp you have there looks like solid state rectifier as well, i know this manufacture for making magnetos but i have not heard their amps, very Leak looking
    Yes is is similar in concept to a Leak stereo 20. Like the Leak it uses a GZ34 for rectification. The other valves are three ECC83's and four EL84's. It is not hard wired like Leak's but uses a pcb instead.

BTH were producing audio equipment from the earliest days of radio & hifi. The RK mains energised speakers were some of the first to use the rice kellog patent. They produced Sound and vision equipment for cinemas and the mains energised (or field coil) 18" bass speakers were identical to Western Electric 4181 and Jensen V2 speakers. As well as these they produced compression drivers, crossovers, horns and cinema amplifier racks. . Domestic amps were produced with EL34 monoblocs and an EL84 stereo chassis. Later drivers used alnico magnets and the 18" dual concentrics from the 50's were also sold as a domestic speaker. My pair can be seen in my avatar and I've posted some data.

Bottom pics is one of the BTH speakers installed in the Odeon lester square in the 30's. Uses four of the field coil 18: bass drivers in a shearer horn with four mid/hi compression drivers on twin ten cell horns.

I'm ILOB.

Hi Andy
    Spme lovelly gear and a owner of the marvelous EMT wow
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Martin.

Hi Andy - welcome to AOS

Let's see a pic of those JBLs?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Clark.

QUOTE=Macca;177262]Hi Andy - welcome to AOS

Let's see a pic of those JBLs?[/QUOTE]

Hi Martin, thanks for the welcome.

A couple of pics just taken of the Arrays.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast