+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A big hello from The Land Of Fjords, Trolls, And Vikings

I'm Kjell.

Default A big hello from The Land Of Fjords, Trolls, And Vikings

Hi people of AoS!

My name is Kjell André, and if the title was not revealing enough. I'm from Norway!

Been snooping around for a couple of days, seems like a great forum Lots of good information and knowledge from what I've read! My currently main setup consists of both new and old stuff:

Sony TA-F830ES/Rotel RA-10
    Sony CDP-X707ES
    Technics SL-1210MK2 m.Ortofon 2M Black
    ASR Mini Basis MKIII
    Hegel HD11
    JBL 4319
    Blue Jeans Cable
    Project Ground-it Deluxe

I have owned a handful of turntables the last couple of years, and recently ended up with a near mint SL-1210MK2. And I absolutely LOVE it! The Vinyl adventure began with a Rega RP1-->Clearaudio Concept-->Rega RP6 (stood it's ground for almost 3 years and received some upgrades along the way). I have also owned a Dual 701/1219 and had plans for a Thorens TD-126MK3 restore, but never found the time to actually get it 100%. Oh well, these old decks are in better hands now I think.CD's and streaming are great, but vinyl is my #1 format!. The 1210 might be the main reason I found this forum, lots of great info and discussions on the site and I hope to contribute in the long run

But what does he listen too one might ask ? A lot really. I have a wide range of music in my collection, ranging from cold and dark Norwegian black metal to all types of rock/metal++++

I'm Dave.

Hei Kjell, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mala View Post
    Hi people of AoS!

My name is Kjell André, and if the title was not revealing enough. I'm from Norway!

Been snooping around for a couple of days, seems like a great forum Lots of good information and knowledge from what I've read! My currently main setup consists of both new and old stuff:

Sony TA-F830ES/Rotel RA-10
    Sony CDP-X707ES
    Technics SL-1210MK2 m.Ortofon 2M Black
    ASR Mini Basis MKIII
    Hegel HD11
    JBL 4319
    Blue Jeans Cable
    Project Ground-it Deluxe

I have owned a handful of turntables the last couple of years, and recently ended up with a near mint SL-1210MK2. And I absolutely LOVE it! The Vinyl adventure began with a Rega RP1-->Clearaudio Concept-->Rega RP6 (stood it's ground for almost 3 years and received some upgrades along the way). I have also owned a Dual 701/1219 and had plans for a Thorens TD-126MK3 restore, but never found the time to actually get it 100%. Oh well, these old decks are in better hands now I think.CD's and streaming are great, but vinyl is my #1 format!. The 1210 might be the main reason I found this forum, lots of great info and discussions on the site and I hope to contribute in the long run

But what does he listen too one might ask ? A lot really. I have a wide range of music in my collection, ranging from cold and dark Norwegian black metal to all types of rock/metal++++
    Hi there and welcome,partial to some Norwegian metal myself,the likes of Ihsahn and Ulver [thanks to my son] sound good through valves believe it or not.Anyway ,once again ,welcome
    A work in progress !

I'm Geoff.

Hello Kjell. Welcome to AOS.

That's an interesting selection of equipment you have. It must sound pretty impressive through those JBLs

Tell us if you have further plans for your system.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Kjell.

Thank you all

mik_rik: Ahh Ulver...yes! One my favorites, gritty recording..but thats what captivated me when I first heard the earlier Ulver releases. And yeah..funny you should mention Ulver, managed to get my avatar updated

Walpurgis: Yeah, I have kind of landed on this setup for now. If i would want to try something new...that would be on the DAC-side. But that Hegel really stuck with me trough multiple setups. But first things first, some small upgrades for the 1210 is on it's way and I'm sure there will be more to come :P #1 priority!

Guess I will have to post some pictures of my setup soon, everybody loves pictures!

I'm Geoff.

Yeah. Pictures are always good. You could start a system blog in the Gallery area and post them there. I'm sure they'll be appreciated.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Hi Kjell. Welcome to AoS. Hope you enjoy yourself
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kjell.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yeah. Pictures are always good. You could start a system blog in the Gallery area and post them there. I'm sure they'll be appreciated.
    Yeah, need to familiarise myself a bit with the forum layout! I' try to manage something over the weekend!

Thanks guys!

I'm Loz.

Hi Kjell

Welcome to AoS. Some great music comes out of Norway, not least Biosphere, Deathprod and Supersilent.

Cheers

Loz

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS Kjell. I hope you enjoy the forum.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast