+ Reply to Thread
Page 986 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 48688693697698498598698798899610361086 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,860 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

The Black Windmill, 1974. Directed by Don Siegel and stars Michael Caine, John Vernon, Janet Suzman and Donald Pleasence.

The film was made, in part, on location at Clayton Windmills, south of Burgess Hill, in West Sussex, England. It also featured scenes filmed at Aldwych and Shepherd's Bush tube stations. Also The Red Lion public house in the Duke of York Street A section of the film was also shot at Pegwell Bay, Ramsgate Hoverport,[3] where Tarrant makes his way across the channel and sneaks onto the back of a bus which is on board the hovercraft Sure.

Strangely it wasnt well recieved.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

It's contrived, but I enjoyed it when I first saw it. Might change my mind now.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It's contrived, but I enjoyed it when I first saw it. Might change my mind now.
    yeah its maybe not the greatest film but its not too shabby either. i picked up the bluray recently along with another older good un, i will watch tomorrow starring sir sean.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Talking of Sean Connery, The Rock, 1996, also starring Nick Cage and Ed Harris. It was the 4th highest grosser of year and a cracking action film if a bit ott...

There were tensions during shooting between director Bay and Walt Disney Studios executives who were supervising the production. On the commentary track for the Criterion Collection DVD, Bay recalls a time when he was preparing to leave the set for a meeting with the executives when he was approached by Sean Connery in golfing attire. Connery, who also produced the film, asked Bay where he was going, and when Bay explained he had a meeting with the executives, Connery asked if he could accompany him. Bay complied and when he arrived in the conference room, the executives' jaws dropped when they saw Connery appear behind him. According to Bay, Connery then stood up for Bay and insisted that he was doing a good job and should be left alone.

Most of the film was shot on location in the Alcatraz Prison on Alcatraz Island. As it is governed by the national park service, it was not possible to close Alcatraz down, and much of the filming had to accommodate tour parties milling around. The scene in which FBI director Womack is thrown off the balcony was filmed on location at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco. The filming led to numerous calls to the hotel by people who saw a man dangling from the balcony. The film's closing scene was shot outside the historic Sacred Heart Mission Church in Saticoy, California.

At one point, Arnold Schwarzenegger was to have played the role of Dr. Stanley Goodspeed. Schwarzenegger turned the role down because he did not like the script
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yeah its maybe not the greatest film but its not too shabby either. i picked up the bluray recently along with another older good un, i will watch tomorrow starring Sir Sean.
    "The Man Who Would be King"?
    Barry

I'm Grant.

"The Man Who Would be King"?
    no, i do have that tho... the frightened city; pre bond.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    no, i do have that tho... the frightened city; pre bond.
    I've never seen that, though the very first 7" single I bought was 'Frightened City' by the Shadows.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Alfred Marx got the point!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

I've never seen that, though the very first 7" single I bought was 'Frightened City' by the Shadows.
    indeed the shadows had biggish hit with the title tune. film is from 61
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Alfred Marx got the point!
    was a good cast and some in film will be in a film after it
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread